Soulmate Text ;) Pt 1alternate version

Same context as last time, except now they are in college :)

Nick's Pov:

I spent all day packing, I'm moving into a new dorm, my roommate being a boy named Charlie Spring, I'm excited, he seems nice and according to the dean, he is. I'm now walking up the pavement to the school, with my mom following behind me.

"You can stay here." I smile at her and take my bags from her arms, she smiles.

"Alright, I'll see you at Christmas, Nicky." I nod and hug her, willing the tears to disappear.

"Yeah, love you mom." She nods and then heads back towards her car, leaving me alone at the front of the school.

At the dorm

I walked into the room to find a boy sitting on his bed, with another boy draped across his lap, the first boy (a kid with dark curly hair, that looked so..springy), was playing with the other boy (a straight brunette haired boy that was reading a magazine)'s hair. They immediately broke away, stunned I was in here.

"Who are you?" The straight haired one asked.

"Nick Nelson, I'm sorry if I interrupted something, this is uh.. my new dorm."

The boy with dark curls got off the bed and walked over to me, holding out his hand. "I'm Charlie Spring, that's Ben," He pointed to the boy, that was now behind him. "He wasn't here." Charlie said matter of factly, then, Ben nodded and left.

"Al.. righty then." I spoke and walked over to the empty bed that was across from Charlie's.

"Sorry you walked in on that, but Ben's not out yet, so if you could not tell anyone, that would be appreciated." Charlie spoke as I was setting my things in my drawers.

"Yeah, sure. I don't really care, my friends are lesbian and weren't out for like 2 years, so I'm kinda used to it by now." I spoke and he must have been surprised because his tone went from monotone to a higher pitch.

"You're an Ally?" He asked and I shrugged, never really thought of it that way, but I also didn't think for myself as homophobic, I felt closer to the LGBTQ than an Ally, since I had been friends with Tara and Darcy for forever, I feel like that's normal.

"Meh, I feel closer to it than an Ally, but I'm not a part of it, yknow?"

He looked confused. "That's what I thought before I realized I was..." He did the 💅 motion. I laughed.

"Oh, so you're like one of the actual gays...not just Bi?" He nodded and laughed, it was cute.

"Yeah, Its always been boys." He looked dreamy for a moment and deep down inside my guts I had wished he thought of me that way, but I'm not gay.

*A/N DENIAL IS A RIVER IN EGYPT! 💅 sorry*

"I have always had crushes on girls so I wouldn't know." I shrugged and continued to fold and put away my clothing, we sat in a comfortable silence.

*NEW APP CAME OUT, TEXT YOUR SOULMATE*

Texting your soulmate? Might as well give it a try.

Login

Username: Nick.Nels
Password: i.prettysureim,not.gay

SOULMATE!

Oh

Oh. I- I guess I am gay? Or..maybe I'm Bi? I'll... I'll ask Charlie to help me.

"Charlie?" I ask, he looks up from his phone, he stopped smiling, he looked flustered.

"Yeah?" He asked his attention on my face, it has to look confused. "You good?"

"I...I think I'm... Bi?" I say in a sort of question.

"Oh, why do you think that?" He asks politely.

"Well, my soulmates a boy, on that new app, I was talking to a boy..."

"Oh, how do you feel about that?" He asks as he moves over to sit on my bed, next to me.

"Well, confused for one. I've always thought I was straight, but now I'm not?"

"Well, if you are bi, then you've always been bi, you haven't changed, you just realized now." He said it so calm, it was relaxing, he was so helpful. "Can I see your soulmates messages? If you don't mind." He asked holding out his hand.

"Uh.." I spoke quietly, I didnt know if I wanted him to see it.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked, sorry." I shook my head quickly.

"No, no it's okay, I just didn't know if I should show you the messages, but yeah, you van see it." He smiled.

"Thanks." He took my phone after I unlocked it and read through the texts, his eyebrows furrowed together, what was wrong? "Send them a message." He said suddenly, I decided to follow whatever rules he was going to give me.

"Okay..." I sent "hi ;)' and I heard a ping from the end of the bed, then on Charlies screen flashed the words:

Unknown:

hi ;)

Holy fuck, he was my soulmate.

"Hi." He said breathlessly, obviously quoting me.

"Holy, one minute I'm finding out I'm bi, the next I'm finding out that my gay roommate who HAS a boyfriend is my soulmate." I got up and started pacing.

"Shit, I forgot about Ben. I'll have to break up with him." He got up and started pacing too, that worried me even more. I sighed and grabbed his shoulders, stopping his movements, and when he didn't stop talking about how he had to do this. And this. And this. I kissed him. It felt right. It felt perfect. It felt-

"Charlie?" Ben.

Words: 922