Chapter 1

Chapter-1

Celina

Well, it's cake!

It has been six years since the Alpha Moon ceremony. And guess what? We have a beautiful daughter now who's four years old! Her name is Cyra. Lovely, isn't it? Cyrus married me five years ago, and tomorrow is our 5th anniversary. We are hosting this enormous ball at my palace. Yes, I have a palace; the Alphas' Palace. It belongs to the reigning Alpha. I got to know about it three years, and I have to say, it is spectacular. Also it was out of the town, near Cyrus' ordinal house so it didn't rose suspicion in the humans.

After I became the official Alpha, the chiefs and I decided to form a proper hierarchy, and now I have a Beta to assist me and command in my absence, and now they're just part of the family. Me, Cyrus, Amara, V, my beta, and a ton of workers and guards live in my palace. Most of the meetings and functions are held there. Did I mention that it is enormous? Well, it is. I have been living there for two and a half years now, and I still get lost!

So, our lives have been stunning these past years. V found out that she was my beta's mate. They got married four years ago, and now they happily live together in our palace. Amara, on the other hand, still hasn't found her mate. It's sad to see her all alone but she doesn't let it show.

Anyways, right now, Cyra is at school. She goes to a wolf school and she's in Kindergarten right now. V also had a daughter who is one year smaller than Cyra and goes to the same school. My life is perfect, not as I ever expected it to be, but still, perfect.

"Mommy!!! I'm back!" I heard someone call out behind me while I was working for tomorrow's ball.

I turned around to find my beautiful daughter running towards me and hugging my legs. She was still wearing her bag and shoes.

"I told her to at least remove her shoes before coming to you, but she didn't listen." Eliot, my beta a.k.a V's mate called out walking towards me with Violet, their daughter, in his hands.

I smiled at her.

"Well let's get you changed and then you can help me chose the cake for tomorrow's party."

Hearing the word 'cake', her face lit up and she ran towards her room shouting "Yay cake!"

I giggled and followed her to her room. She was already in front of her wardrobe picking out a lavender-coloured dress for herself. She looked at me with a glimmer in her eyes as she grabbed the dress and ran toward me.

I helped her change her clothes when my phone started ringing. It was Cyrus, so I picked it up.

"Hey princess! How are the preparations going for the ball?" he asked.

"Amazing! Almost everything is done and I'll complete the remaining in an hour or two. When are you coming back?"

"Ya, about that, I might not be able to reach back today. It's raining heavily here and the flight has been postponed to late night. But don't worry; I'll be there around six a.m. tomorrow."

"Oh okay. I guess that's alright. But will you have the energy for the ball in the evening?"

"Of course! I have a lot of time to rest today and I'll be fine."

"Okay, be safe. Love you!"

"Love you more princess!"

He gave me a last smile before cutting the call. He had gone to an urgent meeting two days ago and he was supposed to arrive today, but I guess not.

Cyra was in the washroom and she came out a few seconds after I cut the call.

"Mommy, it's cake time!" she yelled holding my hand and dragging me out of the room.

We went to the kitchen where a few samples of cake were already on the table. The chef was standing behind it and bowed at me as I entered the room.

"Your majesty, here are the shortlisted cake flavors for tomorrow."

I smiled and nodded before picking up two spoons and tasting each cake and giving a bite Cyra. Then I heard footsteps behind me and turned to find Vanessa and Violet standing there with a smile on their face.

"We heard it's the cake-tasting time!" V said.

I saw Violet run over to Cyra and they started shoving the cake into their mouths and giggling at each other. I smiled at them. They reminded me so much of me and V in our childhood.

"It's funny how they eat cake every week and yet here they are, stuffing cake in their mouth like they had never tasted it before." I said laughing at my two little pups.

"Well, it's cake." V said laughing at them.