Chapter 39

Please vote and comment cause I feel really lonely writing this with no comments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter-39

Cyra

Climb on

"That was close!" I breathed out.

"Yes, now we have to go to the barrier. Any clue about what the third barrier would be?" he asked as we started moving towards the barrier.

"Well, if the first one was of a witch, the second of a vampire, then the third one would probably be of a wolf," I replied.

"Hmm, probably," he nodded.

"So, how did you make the barrier disappear?" I asked.

He visibly tensed.

"I... I can't tell you that," he said, and I frowned.

"You know you can trust me, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I.... I just can't, I'm sorry," he said.

Okay then.

After that, we quitely walked to the barrier. It wasn't that far, and we reached there pretty quickly. Val was already there waiting for us.

"So, I did some research, and I think I can break the barrier. But you'll both have to go in as soon as it opens because I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it like that. It's okay if you feel a little drained after crossing. Are you both ready?" she said and we nodded.

She sat down and started chanting a spell. Our gaze remained at the barrier for any indication of opening. We both were quiet so as to not disturb Val. A few minutes later we saw a small opening in the barrier. It enlarged slowly and we went through as soon as we could, just like she said. Just as we both passed, the opening closed again.

"Are you guys okay?" Val asked from the other end.

"Yeah, are you?" I replied.

"Yes, just tired. This was a big spell. I'm going to go to our base now, all the best!" she said.

We turned around and saw the vampire gates at a distance.

"Let's go through the next barrier too," Damon said and I nodded.

We walked towards the huge gate. The gate was dripping with blood, it was gross. I looked for the keyhole and it was way up; at least ten feet up the ground.

"How in the world do we reach up there?" I asked.

"Climb on my shoulders," he said.

It made sense; our heights together would make more than ten feet. Before I could say anything, he knelt.

"You sure," I asked.

"Yes, climb on. It's not like we have any other option either." He said.

Here goes nothing. I sat on his shoulders and he stood up. I carefully stood and he held my feet to balance me. Taking support of the wall I placed the key in the keyhole but it did not twist.

"Damon, I think the door is jammed," I told him as I tried my best to twist the key.

"Keep trying! Try focusing on your alpha power," he said.

I took a deep breath and used my wolf's strength to twist the key. The key twisted but I lost my balance and slipped. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came. I opened my eyes to see Damon holding me and I let out the breath I was holding.

"Thanks," I whispered.

Our faces were so close that we could feel each other's warm breath. His foresty smell engulfed my senses and my mind went back to the kiss we had earlier. My cheeks heated a little.

"No problem," he said placing me back on my feet.

After a few seconds of silence to come back to reality, we pushed the door since the lock was opened. But like the key, it did not budge.

"Wow, you were right, it is really jammed!" he said.

"Yup, it is. I'm going to shift into my wolf, I can push harder that way," I said and shifted into my wolf.

Damon gazed at me wide-eyed. He looked cute like that. I tilted my head in confusion since I could not speak.

"Oh sorry, you're just.....stunning," he said and I would've blushed if I was not in my wolf form right now.

"Okay then, let's try to open. 3, 2, 1, push!" he said.

I pushed with all my strength, channeling my alpha power. The door opened a little. We did this a few more times before it opened enough for both of us to pass through. I shifted back into my human and slipped out of the gate with Damon right behind me.

In front of us now was a blue orb-like border. It was beautiful.

"Wow!" I gasped.

"This is beautiful," he gasped at the same time.

"I wonder how we open this," I said.

"We'll figure this out later though. Since it's the last barrier before the potion, let's rest right now so we can have energy for whatever comes after that," he said.

We just rested for some time and I didn't even realise when I fell asleep.

~~~~~

I woke up after I didn't know how much time, feeling refreshed and energized. I got really tired yesterday. I opened my eyes and yawned.

"Morning," Damon said.

"Good morning! How long have you been up?" I asked.

"Not that long. But I did find something," he said and I looked at him expectantly.

"So I was looking around and found this note on a part of the globe. I think it's written in the old god's language. Any chance Hades made you study that?" He asked.

"As a matter of fact, he did. I don't know a lot, but I think I might be able to figure out the essence of the message. Take me there," I said.

He led me to the place along the orb where the note was written. Remembering what I had learned a while ago, I tried to understand the text.

"So I think, this word is king, this one is energy, and this one is channelize. Oh and maybe this one means werewolf." I told him what I could understand.

"Okay, so I guess it means the king of werewolves has to channelize their energy to open the orb," he said.

"Probably, but I think instead of 'king', it means Alpha. That's why Hades wanted only my family! That's why he created the love bond; because he knew my father's mate was an alpha!" I joined the dots.

"It all makes sense now. This is why he sent you for the mission; because someone from hell would never be able to do it. I wonder what's so precious in there which he did all of this effort for." Damon said.

"Guess it's time to find out!" I said.

"So do you know how to channel your energy to the orb?" he asked.

"Not exactly, but I might have an idea," I said.

I shifted into my wolf and focused all my energy on the orb. C'mon Cyra, you can do this! I have to do this! I could feel my fur glow and everything filled with light. All my focus was still on the orb. Unconsciously, I walked towards the orb and touched it. It immediately disappeared and all my energy drained out of my body. I shifted back and my legs gave out. The last thing I remember before passing out was Damon whispering something to me as he held me in my arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's wrong with Cyra? Do you think she'll be okay? How would Damon react? Ig only time will tell ;)