Chapter 23

Chapter-23

Cyra

Eldest son

"Hey honey, it's time to wake up," Persephone knocked, waking me up from sleep.

One thing I hadn't realised was how tired I got yesterday.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Umhmm," I nodded my head absent-mindedly.

Somehow, she still heard me and walked inside. I sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning! I got you some things," she said, keeping about ten shopping bags in front of me.

"Wow, these are a lot of things!" I gasped.

"Not at all! You'll be training and will need fresh, comfortable clothes every day. I got you everything I think you'll need but tell me if you need something else. Now, I'll leave you to change. Meet us at the same dining room from yesterday after you are done."

I smiled at her, and she left. I yawned when she left the room and contemplated lying on the bed for a few more minutes. However, talking me out of it, I pulled myself off the bed and started rummaging through the things Persephone bought me. It literally had everything I need.

I got a toothbrush, toothpaste, some comfortable clothes and a towel and went to the washroom to get ready. It did not take me a lot of time to get ready since I had plenty of experience of getting ready at the last minute because I was always late. From what I've heard, though, I got that from my father. Sometimes, he was late for his own birthday parties as a child.

I got dressed in black shorts, a tank top and a crop jacket with it. I wore my sneakers from yesterday and took a small pocket knife that I always keep in my pocket; you can never be too safe.

Although I like dressing up and doing makeup, I only do that on special occasions, so I didn't bother putting on any of the makeup Persephone got me.

I make my way down the stairs into the dining room, or at least try to. I end up getting lost in the huge castle. I try to remember the way or spot anything familiar to what I saw yesterday, but it was of no use. I hear someone walking behind me, and I immediately get alerted.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here. So you're the wolf," a man behind me said.

I turned and observed him. He was dressed in a plain black t-shirt and jeans. He was well-built and really tall. His features made it look obvious that he was Hades' son, well, except his blue eyes.

He noticed me looking at him and smirked.

"Like what you see?"

"Nope, I've seen better," I replicated his smirk.

"Feisty, I like it. You know, when I heard Cyrus' daughter is coming, I thought she'd be weak and timid, but I must admit that you are not like that. This might be fun."

Everything about him; from the way he looked at me to the way he spoke, gave me a weird vibe. His presence was making my wolf stir, and I did not like that.

As if on cue, Persephone walked into the scene.

"Oh there you are! I have been looking for you everywhere," she spoke.

"Yes, I got lost." I replied.

"So, I guess you met Xander," she said, pointing towards the man.

"I'm Xander, lovely to meet you, Kayla," he said shaking my hand.

"Cyra" I corrected.

"So, with that, let's go eat breakfast!" she chirped.

"I need to go, but I'll see you around, Kayla," he smirked and left.

"I'm sorry about that. He's just a little.....well, he grew up with Poseiden, and it rubbed off on him."

Persephone then led me to the dining room, and I observed the way carefully so I don't get lost again.

"So, he's your son?" I asked on the way.

"How did you know?" she asked.

"He looked very similar to Hades."

"He does, doesn't he? He is my eldest son."