Chapter 33

Chapter-33
Cyra
Comfy Pillow
I woke up with my head on a very comfortable pillow. Where am I sleeping? I haven’t slept this good in….ever. I yawned and tried to get up but was unable to do so. Am I trapped? Did they find us? Shit!

I opened my eyes and realized where I was and what was restraining me. It was not chained. Heck, I almost wish they were.
I was still in the hotel room, on top of Damon. My head was on his chest and my feet tangled with his. His arms were around me snuggling me close to him. I could hear his regular, slow heartbeat indicating that he was asleep.

I slowly tried to get up without waking him up. I untangled our legs and shifted my weight from on him to my hands. While doing so though, he moved and I slipped and fell onto him again. He then groaned and opened his eyes. His eyes stared into mine as my face was right above his. It was so close that I could feel his warm breath on my face.

We both stayed frozen for a moment lost in each other’s eyes before he realised how we slept and quickly released me. I took the hint and climbed off him and rushed towards the washroom.

I quickly locked the door and slid down it to calm my erratic heart rate.

After a few seconds, I got up and washed my face.

What is happening to me?

No, nothing is happening. I just have never been this close to a guy and that is why I get lost in his dreamy violet eyes and pink……stop! 1,2,3, I’m calm. Chill down.
I quickly took a quick shower and washed my clothes. They were dirty from all this time. I dried myself with a towel and….shit! My clothes are in my bag on the dressing table. Uh!

What do I do now?

“Cyra, I need to use the washroom. Please come out quickly,” Damon said from outside.

Double shit

I guess I have no choice. I grabbed my clothes in one hand and wrapped the towel around me. Slowly, I opened the door.
Damon looked at me and then his eyes went down, taking me in. His eyes then quickly snapped back to mine and I felt a blush creeping in.

“All yours,” I whispered and motioned for him to step aside.

“R…right.” He fumbled but stepped aside quickly.

I walked to my bag without sparing him another look. I felt his eyes on me for a second before he went inside. Making sure he was inside, I unwrapped the towel and slipped on my clothes.

I quickly got ready and packed my bag. He came out a few minutes later with his hair wet and a towel in one hand. He looked hot with a t-shirt stuck to his wet body, showing every flex of his muscle. I took a deep breath to calm my heart rate down.

“Are you ready? I’ll just need two more minutes before we can head out. You can grab a snack downstairs if you want, and I’ll be right with you in a few.” He spoke.

“Okay…” I mumbled and headed down.

“Hello, how was your night?” the same receptionist from yesterday asked with a warm smile on her face.

“It was fine,” I replied returning her smile and blushing slightly at the memories.

“Could you please point me to the dining room?” I continued.

“Of course! It’s right down the hall,” she said politely.

I mumbled a thanks and went in the direction she pointed. I grabbed something to eat from the breakfast buffet. It felt good to eat actual food. After eating, Damon joined me and we left the hotel. We then silently walked through the territory and snuck out of the borders like we came in. I’m kind of shocked that we didn’t get caught.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle behind me. Spoke too soon I guess. We both immediately became alerted. A girl then came out of the bushes and ran towards Damon. I immediately became ready to fight but stopped when she jumped in his arms and hugged him. To my surprise, he hugged her back.

“Heyyy, miss me?” she chuckled.

I growled in my mind. WHO IS SHE AND WHAT THE FUCK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS DOING TOUCHING MY…. What did I just say?

“Nah, not really. I kind of like enjoying the peace I have without you.” Damon replied laughing, a genuine laugh. Not a smirk or a giggle or a smile. A full-on laugh.

I don’t think he has laughed like that with me. I shouldn’t care though. I mean, I barely know him at all. He obviously has a life without me. I’m just with him for a mission. That’s all I am, aren’t I? I’m just a partner that he has to work with because Hades assigned him to work with me. After the mission, we’ll both go our own ways and never see each other again. Even if it shouldn’t hurt, I still feel a pang in my heart looking at him seeing her with such gentle eyes; like he truly cares for her. I wonder if she’s his girlfriend; heck, she probably is.

“And who is this gorgeous lady?” the girl asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“I’m Cyra, Damon’s…..partner on this mission.” I introduced myself.

“Nice name! I’m Valerie, Damon’s friend slash hero, considering how I saved his ass so many times!” She said laughing.

“It’s funny how you never mention how I get into trouble in the first place.

Remember the Alpha Knox’s incident, or the lake one…” Damon replied with the same smile on his face.

“Okay, we get it. I get us into trouble. But I also got us out of it, didn’t I? No harm, no foul!” she said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what do you think of Valerie? Is she gonna be a problem? Will she be a blessing or a curse? I guess only time will tell