Chapter 35

Chapter-35

Cyra

Karma is my boyfriend

I looked at Val stunned while she left.

"She just spell-trapped us here, didn't she?" Damon asked.

"Yup," I answered while we heard chuckles from the tent.

Here I thought she was Damon's girlfriend but she turned out to be a matchmaker. Her book has a very different cover than its context.

"Are you okay with sleeping on the grass, earthling? I can ask her to call this off if you feel uncomfortable," he said.

"No, it's okay. I love sleeping outside and it's really peaceful here. And it's not like we haven't slept together before," I said but stopped when I processed my words with widened eyes.

That came out wrong.

Damon chuckled lightly and I smiled too.

"I know we can't go inside the cave but do you want to sit on the rocks in the water?" Damon asked and I nodded.

We carefully went to the middle of the water and sat on one of the rocks. We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes.

I started thinking about the conversation I had with Valerie.

When she asked me if I liked him, I couldn't say no. It's like my lips just couldn't form those words. And I think it's because I do like him. I like him a lot. I don't care if we won't ever be together. I don't care that we would never work. I like him, and that's all that matters.

Val's one line has been going on in my head in a loop.

'I don't think he has ever even looked at a girl like that.'

Is that really true?

"Damon, do you want to play 20 questions?" I asked.

He hesitated so I quickly added, "You can skip questions if it makes you uncomfortable." After that, he nodded slightly.

"Your favourite colour?" I started.

"As weird as it sounds, I love the color white with a hinge of blue in it," he said and smiled.

That's my wolf's color.

"Yours?" he asked.

"Violet; I think it's the prettiest color in this world," I replied.

'It's also the color of your eyes.' I thought but didn't say out loud.

"Favourite singer?" I asked.

"I don't know. I don't really listen to music a lot," he said and I looked at him wide-eyed.

"Hellion, you are missing out on an entirely different fabulous world!" I said.

"Is that so? Who's your favorite singer?" he asked amused.

"Easy, Taylor Swift! She is the best artist this planet has ever seen. She is a goddess who stepped on Earth to give us a glimpse of heaven through her music. My favorite album is Speak Now, but Reputation and 1989 are also really amazing. Heck, who am I kidding, all her albums are masterpieces. She's a mastermind! I wonder if she released any new albums while I'm here. I'll have loads of Taylor homework to catch up on when I get back." I rambled but stopped when I saw him staring at me with an amused smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, nudging his shoulder playfully.

"I have no idea who you are talking about but it's cute to see you ramble," he said chuckling.

"HOLY SHIT! You don't know Taylor Swift?! That's your objective after this mission. Listen to Taylor Swift," I commanded.

"Yes ma'am!" he said.

"Okay, my turn! What's your favourite element?" he asked.

"Water! I love that element. It's so elegant but mysterious and strong. I love the way it feels. It's my element," I said.

"Oh really?" he asked with a smug smile.

I eyed him suspiciously. Suddenly, he pushed me into the water and laughed.

"HEYY! What was that for?" I shouted.

"I thought you loved the water," he smirked.

"You fucking asshole! Now help me up," I said.

He laughed but extended his hand nonetheless. Does he not know one of the oldest tricks in the book? I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the water.

"Earthling! Water is your element, not mine! Why did you pull me in the water?" he glared.

"Karma is my boyfriend," I replied.

"Huh?" he looked at me confused.

"Taylor Swift reference; you'll get used to it," I explained.

After that, he splashed me with water.

"Oh, game on!" I said.

And with that, we started playing around in the water, splashing and swimming all around. After some time, we got out and lay on the grass, and fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Another chapter and an early update. So, question, I feel like I am a little too fast, am I? I love my storyline but I don't know if I write as good. To all of the people reading this, thanks for sticking with me this far and I hope to see you at the end of this book. Please comment your thought of what you think about my book, I appreciate constructive criticism and would try to improve as much as I can so feel free to do so. Ty and have an awesome day! Toodles <3