Chapter 41

Chapter-41

Cyra

C'mon!

Damon told me that even though he did not do a lot of exploring, he did realize that there was one other barrier to be crossed. This is frustrating. I mean c'mon, how precious can this potion be? The only reason we were able to come so far was that I was brought alive here, otherwise, it's remotely impossible to reach here. It might sound easy to come here the way we did it, but it was not. It was this easy mainly because of Damon's experience, my knowledge and powers, and Val's help.

We reached the last barrier before the potion, hopefully. This was by far the creepiest door of all. It was really dark here and the only light came from the red lamp in the centre.

I started walking towards the light but was stopped by Damon. I looked at him in confusion and all he did was take a rock from the ground and roll it forward. Arrows came shooting out of nowhere and I stood there stunned.

"Look at the ground. The black boxes are safe, and the red ones are triggers. I did look around a little while you were out," he said.

We carefully made our through all the boxes and it took us a while. Since it was really dark, we were moving really cautiously to not trigger any traps by mistakes. When we finally reached the light, I saw a button; a big one that is.

"Should I press the button?" I asked.

"We don't have any other choice, do we? But be alerted, it could be a trap," he said and I complied.

As soon as I pressed the button, the ground behind us broke and a statue emerged. This felt like watching a movie; you know where the people look for treasure like Dora. Yes, I just compared hell with Dora's movie.

"Εισβολείς! Μπορεί να έχεις φτάσει ως εδώ, αλλά για να προχωρήσεις, πρέπει να της ταΐσεις ένα από τα αγνά στοιχεία. Κάντε το, και μπορείτε να πάρετε τον θησαυρό, διαφορετικά, μείνετε εδώ μέχρι την αιωνιότητα." A deep voice spoke.

(This is Greek for; Intruders! You may have reached this far, but to go forward, you must feed her one of the pure elements. Do so, and you can take the treasure, otherwise, stay here till eternity. Ps: I do not know Greek, obviously, this is translated by Google <3)

"May I say this is the creepiest hell has been in these two years," I said.

"Same, I've traveled many parts of hell but I'm sure 'this' has never happened before," he replied.

"Let's get out of here quick. Did you understand what she said? I can read Greek but listening and understanding it is a whole other thing," I said.

"I think it said that we need to feed the statue one of the pure elements. What does that mean?" He asked.

"Pure elements are the soul of an Alpha werewolf, the heart of an original vampire, the skull of a true-blooded witch, or a drop of blood of an immortal god," I replied remembering I read it somewhere in a random book.

"How will we give that?" he asked.

"You're Hades son, aren't you? Won't your blood work?" I asked.

"I'm only half god. It'll take at least 5 liters of my blood to make it equivalent to a drop of that of an immortal god" he replied.

"But that...that'll kill you," I replied looking at him stunned.

Even the thought of him dying made my heart ache. Tears flowed down my eyes. I can't let him do that!

"We don't have another option earthling," he said wiping my tears.

"Yes, we do. My soul can open the portal too," I started.

"No Cyra! Absolutely not! You will not die in here. You have a family to go back to! You are my mate, and I will protect you, even if it's the last thing I do," he said.

I was flattered that he'd do that for me, I really was, but I just couldn't let him do that. Without any hints, I kicked him making him fall down with a thud. Before he could recover, using my inhuman alpha speed, I tied him using the rope from my bag that was coincidently right beside me. The rope was enchanted, which meant it could not break, and the way I tied it, he could not open it either.

"Cyra! Open me!" he shouted.

"I'm sorry hellion, but I really can't let you do this. After I die, the rope will open itself and you can take the potion and go back to Earth. Have a great life, I love you so much," I said with tears in my eyes and kissed him lightly.

It broke my heart to think that I'll never be able to see my family or my Damon again, but saving him is worth it.

I took out my knife from my bag and gave Damon one last look.

"Please don't do this Cyra, I love you," Damon said, tears rolling down his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I said turning around and closing my eyes.

3, 2...

" CYRA, STOP!" someone said and I turned around.

"Uncle Aaron?" I gasped.

-----------------------------------------------------

That was so random! Where did Aaron pop out of?