Chapter 16

Ready to find out why Hades didn't come? Well here goes nothing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter-16

Celina

"He didn't come....what does that mean?" I asked.

"Maybe he just wants us on edge all the time," V answered.

"Maybe..." Dad answered.

"No, I don't think so. I mean Hades is pretty serious about deals. He won't break or bend it." Aaron answered.

"So why isn't he here?" I asked.

We all stayed silent for a while.

"Wait, the deal. It wasn't meant for when Cyrus turned 40, it was 40 years later." Amara spoke all of a sudden.

"What's your point?" Elliot asked.

"So, Mom, Dad, when did you make the deal with him? I mean how many days after Cyrus was born?" she continued.

"A week maybe?" Dad answered.

"No, don't you remember? We tried all day and night to contact Hades on the second day but he only came the next day right before sunrise." Mom cut him off.

"Oh yes. I remember it was about 4 a.m. of the third day." Dad said.

"So we have two more days, I guess," I concluded.

Everyone nodded. Then we all went to our rooms and slept, or at least tried to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyra

Why?

"Good morning Mom and Dad! Have you seen my history book? I can't find it anywhere," I walked into our room, waking them up.

"Sorry, did I wake you guys up?" I continued.

"It's okay, we had to wake up anyway. Morning!" Dad yawned.

"Did you leave it in Violet's room when you guys were studying there?" My Mom spoke while rubbing my eyes and getting out of bed.

"Oh right, thanks, Mom! See you after school." I wished them and walked out.

I then went to Violet's room and knocked.

"Come in," she yelled from inside.

"Hi!" she greeted me as I walked in.

"Hey! Have you seen my history book? I think I left it here."

"Oh yes, it's on the table. By the way, did you notice how weird everyone was acting yesterday?" she replied.

"Yes, first Aunty Amara, and then everyone bugging us to go to bed so early. It was like they were hiding something. Plus did you see how everyone was on alert yesterday? Like they were waiting for something to happen at any moment." I said remembering yesterday's events.

"I have been thinking about it all night. Do you think it has something to do with the documents we found the day before yesterday? I mean, it had things written about your father's fortieth birthday. Was something supposed to happen yesterday?" she said.

"Maybe. I need to ask my parents about the papers today after I come home from school." I replied and she nodded.

We then went to school. Throughout the day, this was all I could think about. Could it really be something serious? If so, why did my parents never mention it to me before?