15-Strange feeling

After that eternal embrace, I feel cold his warmness that spread over me gone, leaving me wanting to stay there forever. How can I feel such comfort after what he's done, but I forgive him, I have forgiven Mama many times why can't Jacob get another chance, besides he will keep his promise... I hope.

-"What?" He asks holding my shoulder.

-"Um nothing, I'm just thinking."

-"About what?" He whispers to my ear.

-"About nothing!" I shy away dodging his closeness and separating us about 4 feet.
His face turns hard, and he excuses himself with courtesy. As he leaves I try to calm myself down, why does he make me feel... this tingly feeling? If I so as much as look his way... I feel my stomach flop, I guess I'm somewhat thankful. With my mom, it was just frustration and anger, and sadness. But let's not recall that, things are good with Jacob, kind of. What must my Mama be doing? Is she regretting or is she happy, I wouldn't be surprised if it was that way.

I go downstairs and find everything is clean, the dead guy, gone. And Green-eyed bastard sitting on the kitchen counter.
Drinking something from a small cup.

-"Hello, you guys done with your make-out sessions?" He smiles. What a pain, I roll my eyes at his comment.

-"Woah, what did I do? I once was your age too, I know those tingly feelings you get." He explains with a melancholic voice wiggling his fingers.

-"We weren't doing anything." I avoid him as I fetch a glass of water.

He starts laughing a low raspy chuckle that ends with coughs.

-"Eh, do what you must to make yourself feel better, but you're not fooling anyone" He tries to calm his coughs down. It irritates me, so I ignore him and continue minding my business. I notice him staring at me his hands intertwined with each other.

-"What.Do.You.Want." a forced smile stiffens my face as I look at him.

-"Oh admit it, you care for him." He chucks another shot of whisky.

-"What part of doing nothing don't you understand?"

-"You deny it, but in truth, you're falling in love with him." I look at him skeptically, trying to figure out if it's him or the alcohol speaking.

-"So what if I do! What if I care for his health his actions or words?" My anger bubbled inside me as I admit.

-"He has such control over my emotions, I didn't even notice when this started to happen." I shyly cover my face with my hands.

-"You know, I already talked with Jacob, and he told me many things, things I very much would like you to hear, however, I rather him tell you. But right now, I must get going it's night time and I'm still searching for Nol and Merry. Take care of him. In the meantime, I'll go kick some ass." He booms in laughter as he walks downstairs.

What things had Jacob said to him he didn't tell me? Well now I'll forever be curious, and I'll probably never know.

***

It's nighttime and I finished washing new clothes. I'm currently cooking dinner, something simple and easy trying to make the most of the ingredients, some, I have no idea what they are meant for, so what I end up with is an egg omelet with cheese and broccoli seasoned with salt and butter. When my mom would leave with her friends on a night out, I would usually cook this for myself, so making this now doesn't really bring back good memories.
I make two portions, one for me and one for whoever gets it first, whether it's that man or Jacob.
Now that I think about it where is he anyway? Has he been upstairs all this time?
As I place the plates on the table, I spot the clean clothes in a basket on the couch the one I previously washed... maybe I should take those upstairs.
I use it as an excuse, but deep down it's all just because I want to see him, what he is doing, I want to see what he does when he is not with me or friends.