10- The Ball!

*Stella Pov*

It's so warm... I don't want to wake up, I feel Jacob's chest pressed against my back expanding with each breath, his arms wrapped around my chest and stomach, and one leg hugging my hips, his head resting on my neck. I have never had such a good night's sleep, I feel so calm and safe... I want to stay here forever.

I turn over so I'm facing him.

-"Good morning." I whisper combing his hair backward removing it from his eyes and forehead.

-"Hmm... I don't want." He groans sleepily

-"Want what?" I giggle trying to sit up but he forces me to stay in place.

-"Jacob we need to eat breakfast." I say yawning.
There is no answer, so I try once more to sit and this time he lets me. I stretch and then I feel him slump on my back, his head on my shoulder his hands rest on my low abdomen, I feel every inch from his chest to his hard abs. All so... warm.

-"I want Merry's pancakes." His morning voice sounds hunky and low, more than usual.

-" This is so surreal to me, I feel so at peace. I know it's not the same but I could make you pancakes if you want."

As I'm massaging his scalp we hear a knock on the door.

-"Miss Stella... I have mail for you." I hear an unfamiliar voice.

I get out of bed and Jacob stayed behind walking towards the bathroom to probably change... clothes.

As I open the door I find myself with not a maid but a 40-year-old man with green piercing eyes, his thin hair reaches his shoulders, a mustache graces his lips, and thick eyebrows shade his eyes.

I nearly have time to close the door when he takes out a gun and hits the side of my temple with the handle, making me stumble sideways, trip, and fall.

My vision blurs for a second when I focus I find out he is grappling my hands behind my back... This gives me dejavú.

I look up and see Jacob standing there, they both hold guns.

-"Long time no see Jacob." He smirks.

-"Let her go." I see his jaw tighten.

-"Not even a Hello, your mom died and you seem to have a loss for manners." He lowers the gun and places it on my temple. I instantly gasp.

-"Are you attending my ball?...." a few moments pass and Jacob doesn't answer.

-"Hmm what a shame, I'm sure this whore you hired would be the perfect fun date."  He pulls my hair lifting my head.

Jacob fires the gun and he shoots half a second later.

I see that he shot the same spot that had already been shot and the bullet passed right through his shoulder. My vision starts to blur with tears.
I find myself lunging forward only to be stopped by this man's grip.

I feel my heart sink.

-"Jacob!" I shriek my knees failing me making me fall to the ground... I start to hitch and I can't control my tears.