Chapter fifty four

"What now?" Aabha asked the question everyone was wondering. They had reached a restaurant and were eating their dinner. They had spent the entire day in the temple and were very hungry, especially Viraj and Mahamaya. The toll the temple incident took on them was enormous and they felt extremely exhausted. After they had stepped down from the temple, Viraj's throat was normal looking again and Mahamaya lost the extra glow she had when she was there.

Both of them were too exhausted and had completely forgotten on what had happened inside. Everybody decided that it was not proper to tell them but Mahamaya was tensed because she had seen many people crying because they lost their stock and their way of earning in the form of the temple.

The couple felt their hearts break at the sight of the collapsed mountain and the temple. Nobody was ready to tell them what had happened. Everybody kept telling them that it was best to rest the day out.

After they had their dinner, it was quite dark. So, they went back to the rooms they had booked and retired there. Both Mahamaya and Viraj were knocked out as soon as they hit the bed. The little Tara felt like Mahamaya would feel uncomfortable sleeping in the saree, especially seeing that the saree was going all over her body.

So, she innocently tucked Mahamaya under the blanket and got in her arms, pecking her cheek. She could never forget what she had seen today as she kept staring at her parents. Tara had seen her Aaba (father) for the first time when she came to know that she was finally getting adopted.

She had expected something else entirely. She didn't know why she was getting adopted by him but she considered herself lucky for getting adopted that way. She was surprised to know that he was unmarried. Tara had kind of assumed that she would get a Maayi (mother) with an Aaba (father) when she was informed about the adoption. She was sad that she was only going to get an Aaba (father) but she was kept away from him for so many days too.

She was then picked up by him and he told her that they were going to pick up a Maayi (mother) for her and she couldn't be happier. She was surprised she was accepted so naturally by her Maayi (mother).

Tears gathered in her eyes as she remembered how she had lived for five years in an orphanage. It was hell with very little sanitation and bad tasting food. Nothing seemed good enough but now, it finally seemed like her dreams were getting true, dreams of a happy complete family and lots of good food and clothes.

She hugged both of them again, the little girl unconsciously connecting the two closer with her innocent love for them. She didn't realise when her eyes felt heavy and she had fallen asleep too.

Mahamaya woke up with a yawn, stretching a little. She found little hands all over her and she smiled, stroking Tara's hair. She also saw her little hands clutching Viraj and her heart filled with joy and motherly love. The feeling was natural, like she was meant to feel it.

She got up, her body feeling heavier than usual as she walked to the bathroom. She did her morning routine and after she was out of the washroom, she got dressed up and woke Viraj up.

Everything seemed hazy for him but he blinked when he saw her, her hair dripping water and in a saree as she looked so enchanting. He smiled and got up, before getting in the bathroom. Meanwhile, Mahamaya wore her marital signs, a smile on her face as she did her normal getting ready routine.

By the time Viraj was done, he was surprised to find that she was already ready. She looked so divine, combing her wet hair, sitting in front of the mirror. He couldn't help himself and walked behind her, taking the comb from her hand and slowly and softly untangling her hair. She smiled in the mirror, letting him do it.

Once he was done, he took the little box of vermillion and took a pinch, before filling it in her hair partition. She closed her eyes, feeling peaceful. Viraj smiled, hugging her from behind as Mahamaya too leaned on him.

"Good morning Maayi (mother) Aaba (father)," a little girl's voice brought them out of their moment as Mahamaya coughed and got up, before smiling at Tara and wishing her in her sweet voice, "Good morning, child. Come, let's get you freshened up," and moved on to help her get ready, while Viraj made some tea with the water heating kettle, tea bags, sugar and creamer that they had gotten complementary with the hotel room.

By the time Tara was ready, Viraj had already prepared the tea. Mahamaya smiled as she sat besides him and took the cup of tea as Tara sat on Mahamaya's lap.

Mahamaya chuckled and stroked her hair as she asked her, "Do you know the room in which aaji (grandmother, Aabha) is staying in with your Yuvraj Tatya (uncle)?"

Tara nodded her head enthusiastically and Mahamaya smiled, happy to see her energy and she was about to ask her to go and see if they had gotten ready to leave but the doorbell rang.

Vikram got up and took the gun from under the pillow, creeping to the door as he said, "I will check it."

Mahamaya nodded and kept the cup of tea on the teapoy, picking Tara up and taking her to the bedroom, locking the door and said, "Shh, let's play a game. We will see on who can stay silent for the longest."

Little Tara nodded, happy that her Maayi (mother) wanted to play a game with her. As soon as Mahamaya and Tara were inside, Viraj opened the door slowly, only to find Yuvraj. Viraj sighed in relief and gave him way, making Yuvraj enter, before announcing to Mahamaya, "You can come out, it's just Dada (elder brother)."

Yuvraj came inside and Viraj closed the door, turning the safety of the gun on and keeping it in his pocket again. Yuvraj announced, "Maayi (mother, Aabha) said that we are going to go for breakfast and then will leave for home."

Mahamaya frowned as she asked, "What about our trip to Pandharpur?"

Tara squealed with joy, "Yayy, I won I won. I defeated Maayi (mother).

Mahamaya nodded and poked Tara's nose, before saying in a baby voice, "Of course you did. Our Tara is a big girl and she can even defeat her Maayi (mother)."

Tara had an adorable smile on her face as Yuvraj, seeing that everyone was finally silent, answered to her question, "I don't know. I just came here to told you what she told me..."

*****

A/N:

Happy Ramnavami everyone. This is the day when Sri Rama was born.