Chapter forty one

"Where are you lost so much today, Viraj? Lost in the thoughts of vahini (sister-in-law) already?" his friends teased him as he came out of his thoughts. He thought that they were partly right. One of the faces which had enchanted him was in the dream already and the other two, Sri Krishna and Draupadi, after seeing them, it felt like not to see anybody else. The faces kept appearing all around him. His eyes felt like they wanted to go blind so that everything will be black and he could only see their faces inside him and that was not the only part which was seeking his attention. The visuals from the dream was taking a toll on him  too. He had also seen his own head get axed and that was very disturbing too.

"See, we lost him again. He is madly in love with her and I bet he still hasn't met her twenty times yet. He is going to have it bad after the marriage bro," Vijay, one of his friends teased him again because he was again lost in his thoughts. 

The words shifted his attention to Mahamaya who he was going to marry today as a pink tint appeared on his cheek. He coughed as his friends laughed, making fun of the large six feet muscled man blushing.

"Come, let's get the big blushing boy ready for his big day," Usmaan, another one of his friends commented as the others agreed. 

"You go and have a bath and shave too," Vijay told Viraj pointedly. Viraj raised his hands in surrender and nodded, before leaving for the bathroom. Once he was done, he came outside and wore his traditional clothes.

Later, the ladies of his house and a few makeup artists entered and started rubbing good smelling weird things on his face. He was a future Mafia Boss and he was going to have makeup on! When he complained, they asked, "Don't you want to look good enough for the fair and beautiful bride?" He agreed because Mahamaya was out of the world beautiful and he had to look good enough for her. So, he agreed to get random things put on his face after he was assured that they were top quality products.

Those who said that women took so much time to get ready were lying. Women didn't need as much time if they would just wear T-shirts and jeans like men do. They choose to wear traditional more and have things to wear like earrings and makeup. Viraj didn't know it but when he looked at the clock after he was done, he realized that it had taken two hours to get him ready.

 Viraj didn't know it but when he looked at the clock after he was done, he realized that it had taken two hours to get him ready

He was wearing a red coloured turban known as pheta in marathi and there was a jewelled brooch holding it in place. Like Mahamaya, he was also wearing a bashinga over his eyes as the red tipped white threads extended his face. He had worn a golden coloured sherwani and a shiny maroon coloured dhoti type pants and same coloured scarf. His shoes were pointed like Aladdin's and all in all, he almost looked  like royalty. There was a tilak shaped shiny sticky bindi between his eyes which made his face glow more. A ceremonial long sword was hanging by his waist too.

 A ceremonial long sword was hanging by his waist too

After he was ready, the women who got him ready left and his friends entered to accompany him

After he was ready, the women who got him ready left and his friends entered to accompany him. They had gotten ready since for ever and were waiting for him. His brother, Yuvraj also came and teased him, "Hey, you wore a tikli (sticky dot or in this case, flame shape between his eyes) and now you are a girl now."

Everyone laughed at that as Viraj added, "Your Vahini (sister-in-law) is so beautiful that I will be a girl for centuries for her."

Everyone laughed more and teased him with Mahamaya's name again. The wedding photographer spotted him and said, "Finally you are here! Come, I need to click your photos."

Thus, the photo session started. Finally after all his waiting, his lady love Mahamaya came in her beautiful saree. She was looking so beautiful that everyone forgot to breath or blink. The sounds of her anklets brought everybody out of their reverie as the photographer found his voice first and said, "Ma'am, we will have to click a few pictures first."

Mahamaya nodded and stood besides him as they clicked a few couple photos and even though from outside he was trying to be as gentlemanly as possible but from inside, he was jumping around in joy at having her in his arms because at some point, he had given up and had cursed his fate for being so messed up to not be good enough for a Queen like her but today, she was going to be his Queen.

"Sir, you can go but I will need to take single shots of her," the photographer said. Viraj didn't want to leave but he had to. His friends again teased him after seeing his extremely sad face for having to leave her.

"Oh, shut up Vijay. I will avenge myself on your wedding day," Viraj would say to one of his friends jokingly, walking to the front yard where he was needed to be before Mahamaya for rituals. A small stage was set up there for his Vedic marriage and only their close relatives were present. He was about to enter but he was stopped by a booming sound of Vivek, Mahamaya's male cousin, "How dare you try to step inside?"