5. Grown up

After twenty years:

A young woman was walking across the market, buying groceries as she went on bargaining with the shopkeepers.

Her brown hair flew with the wind, appearing golden while her full pink lips were being bitten by her teeth as she contemplated what to buy. Her brown eyes would scan all the things and her straight nose was sharp enough to cut paper.

She didn't like to bargain. These people however knew that people would bargain so they increased the price before telling the customers. If she would just buy everything without bargaining, she would be losing hundreds of bucks every month. So, she had no choice. She had to bargain.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw these three men. They kept looking at her. Fiddling with her bangle, the woman in the blue salwar kameez and dupatta stopped bargaining and started walking briskly away from them.

Salwar kameez is an Indian dress which would have a set of loose upper and lower garments along with a thin shawl like clothing to cover the cleavage, shoulders and sometimes head.

Despite her blue outfit, a red crescent moon bindi adorned the space between her eyebrows. Every step of hers would be melodious as her anklets would tinkle. She would be fiddling with her bangle, the bangle which was gifted to her by her mother. Her open hair would reach below her waist as they would move with her every step too.

The men followed behind her, maintaining a distance as she entered a deserted alley. Hearing footsteps nearing her, she turned around, coming across three men looking at her lustfully.

One of the men said, "Why are you fiddling with your bangle? It looks good on your wrist."

She raised her head, her body trembling as she tried to step back. The man walked briskly towards her as he declared, "First turn will be mine. Then the rest can have her."

She jumped and turned behind, leaving the grocery bag and full on running. Tears threatened to run down her cheeks as her nose started getting red. She could hear the men behind her as the first man took hold of her wrist with the bangle, turning her around.

She stumbled and turned around, tears running down her cheeks. He looked at her bruised wrist which was turning blue and said admirably, "Such a fragile girl. You must be your father's Princess. Too bad you wouldn't be pure anymore but you do have a killer wrist."

She looked at him, more tears running down her cheeks as she asked, "Do you want to see how much of a killer it can be?"

The man was instantly mesmerized. Her looks were out of the world but her voice, it was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. He immediately nodded, without even registering what she had asked.