10. Him

An old man was sitting in the audience, drinking and cheering the dancers, waiting for the last performance which would always be the best.

A man appeared on the stage as he announced, "Like daily, the best is always reserved for the last. I have never seen someone as beautiful as her. I won't make you all wait more. Enjoyyyyyy," a big applause followed his announcement as a woman wearing a white saree with a red border in navvAri style entered the stage.

She danced on a Marathi song called apsarA Ali, meaning a celestial dancer or a nymph stepped down from heaven and came on Earth.

([Chorus])

'My soft skin is enchanting
I'm bathed in moonlight,
Bedecked in gold, drenched in silver
I have worn the shimmer of rubies...
I'm dressed up
Looking like moonlight has descended on the stage,
I'm a thunderbolt
that has struck the entire court of Indra
[Here comes the nymph, straight from the heavens
Her presence has lit up the earth
Her moonlit smile has brightened the stage
Here comes the nymph bathed in moonlight,]
My face is so beautiful,
I'm a priceless diamond, I'm a rose in full bloom.
My blouse (kanchuki), the silent sufferer
complains about the heavy burden it has to bear
my tiny waistline beckons you
as does my chin, and my lethal eyes
[she's the intoxicating goddess of love, dear sir
she's the very spark of passion
the fact that her fragrance has intoxicated the air is the wind's fault, not hers.]
I'm a thunderbolt
that has struck the entire court of Indra
[Here comes the nymph, straight from the heavens
Her presence has lit up the earth
Her moonlit smile has brightened the stage
Here comes the nymph bathed in moonlight...']

Everyone in the audience believed the song. They did believe that she was a nymph who came down from the heaven to bless them with her charming and seductive presence.

After the dance was done, the dancer went on the back stage and began changing her clothes.

"Did you see the new dancer? She was so good, like she was practicing lavani since childhood," she heard a whisper.

Mahamaya ignored it and focused on changing her clothes. She had more important things to do. She came out of the room and a man, young, brown eyes brown hair with a dark skin tone came near her and whispered, "Room no. 201."

She nodded discretely and proceeded to go to the said room. The older man from before had been impressed by her dance skills and wanted to bed her. Thankfully, there was a back way in the same room and that only the man and this other man who was helping her knew about, so that they could escape if there was a police raid.

She reached the room and she wanted to explore but that man was already in the room. He was around sixty years old as he kept looking at her like she was some kind of meat.

Fighting against her wish to scoff with disgust, she gracefully slid off her bangle as she opened her hand bag and acted like she was keeping the bangle inside but it would remain on her hand as she took out a syringe and held it discretely.

As she turned around, she hid the syringe but the bangle on her wrist was still there, making the man alert immediately. What was she doing with the purse then? Taking a gun out from under the pillow, he aimed it at her, making her stiffen.

He walked towards her, gun still pointed at her as he slid the head of the gun along her temple, from where a drop of sweat dripped down. She felt her entire life flash before her eyes.

She remembered her parents, her patients who she had formed a bond with, her colleagues, the police officers and the unusual setting that she had with them. She was an only child, her parents would be devastated if anything was to happen with her.

Her patients, they were all children. They had opened up to her. They would take longer to open up to some other doctor, delaying their treatments. The police, what will the inspector feel when he would come to know about this? He was right, she shouldn't be involved in this but Sharda did involve her, because she was stubborn.

She realized that the syringe was taken from her hand as the man grumbled, "I would drink even poison if you would feed it to me with these soft hands but I have a family to look after, a gang. I can't let them down."

He turned her around, making her turn to him as she lowered her eyes, her jaw quivering with nervousness.

Suddenly, a gut wrenching scream was heard from the room as a heavy body fell on the ground. Mahamaya just couldn't contemplate what happened. One minute she was standing there, her grip tight on the bangle and on another, the bangle was inside his guts, twisted as he fell down.

The door opened as the young man from earlier came in and gripped her forearm, leading her to the back of the room and several sets of footsteps could be heard. Her salwar kameez dress had become all bloody but thankfully, her dress was all black. The blood wasn't visible that much

Quickly putting a black burkha on her head, she held his hand as he led them out of the building complex.

Some time later, she felt a water drop on her hand. Looking up, she glanced at his face to see that he was crying, sobs raking his whole being.

"A-Are you okay? Oh my God! Did you get hurt somewhere?" she instantly went in the doctor mode, her eyes widening as she moved her hand all over his body to see a wound under his black clothing.

He stiffened under her soft and feathery touch as he said in a rough voice, "H-He was my father. He never treated me or my mother nicely and he was worse to his gang. That's why I had arranged this but now..."

Mahamaya instantly sympathized with him. She wouldn't want her Pappa (father) to be dead, no matter how he was with her and she certainly didn't want to be the cause of his death.

Rubbing his back to calm her down, she felt sparks shooting up her body as she accidentally touched his bare skin. Their eyes widened as they stepped away from each other. It was just static, it had to be.

Mahamaya coughed slightly to dispel the awkward silence,"I need to reach home soon. Guide me out of this area."

He nodded. He could, he really could but he didn't want to. Taking decisions on a whim was never how he was trained. He needed a wife to inherit his father's Mafia. However, he had decided that if he was going to marry, it had to be the woman beside him.

Parting his lips, he lied, "They will be checking to make sure that nobody escapes. We need to spend the light in this area only."

And he would make sure that she's his.

A/N:

And the two leads have finally met. Tell me what you think about this.

Did you watch the song? I love the actress in the song

Did you watch the song? I love the actress in the song. Lavani is a dance form with conservative clothing but suggestive words and gestures. It is all about seduction. Tell me what you guys think about it.