9. Operation

"There is a new operation but he doesn't want to involve you," officer Sharda said softly, whispering so that her boss wouldn't hear her.

"I can handle anything, you know that," Mahamaya said, almost pleading. The trip had taken less than a day, unlike what they had planned and she had already taken lots of days off from the hospital. She was helping Indrayani in the home but the atmosphere back home was like it was someone's cremation.

She was getting restless without any work and any distraction or work would be appreciated.

"Alright, just don't tell him till you leave for the work. Only tell him after you are in the location if you need to. So, it's in KamathipurA. You know how the drug racket is there. Along with that, it also supplies drugs to the Bollywood and the prostitution lies rampant there. However, we have an ongoing operation going on to catch the Don," she informed her as Mahamaya gulped. Now she knew why she wasn't told about this op. The op was basically to catch the India's biggest Mafia Don. They would have fire arms and everything else which she probably wouldn't be able to handle.

Rejection was on her tongue. However, she never failed in anything in her life and she loved challenges but also, it was not a small matter. It was a matter of life and well, a life worse than death.

She balled her fists. She had to do it, she wanted to do it. Also, if she was indeed someone special, God himself will protect her. After all, she was a devout devotee of the Khanderao and she respected every other deity out there.

"I will do it. What do I have to do?" she asked softly, willing herself not to sound scared.

Sharda said softly, "I will give you a needle which you have to inject in his arm once you find him. He visits this prostitution house daily so you can go there, seduce him and complete your work. After injecting, he will die within a minute and you can flee away. There is this secret door in this room. I will send you the details on your phone. We wouldn't be able to be near you so you will have an ear piece. You can come and collect it and the drug with a syringe. We have a man working with us behind the scenes. Thankfully, he also brings the women to and fro the brothel house. The rest of the course of action will be discussed in the police station."

"Alright. I will come by the station in half an hour," Mahamaya said, determined. They had a separate phone for these operations. She had the code name of Mohini and a fake ID card with the same name.

Mahamaya indeed visited the station and everything was planned. She was supposed to perform a dance, a lAvani which is a traditional dance form of Maharashtra.

She was tensed. This was the most difficult operation she would participate in and moreover, even the inspector wouldn't be there to help her much. There was only one man that she could trust there and even he was a criminal who was involved in the business of girls.

However, it had to be done that night. Her mind was a mess. Getting up, she started helping her mother in her chores. Chores always helped her mind in being occupied. Indrayani was worried for her daughter too but she chalked it out to be the incident in the temple. She didn't want to ask her daughter again, only for her daughter to be reminded of her difficulties again.

After dinner, she went to her room and switched off her room light. They would know that she was not sleeping if she kept it on. Turning on her phone's flash light, she took a piece of paper and started writing on it.

If she came before they woke up, she would destroy the paper but if she didn't, they should know who to contact and what were the possibile outcomes of this operation, from the best to the worst, just like how Pappa taught her to do whenever she had to make a decision.

From the cupboard, she got herself a blanket and her mobile as she covered herself with the blanket and tiptoed out of the apartment as silently as she could.

She could swear that they had at least five locks on the door, all of different types. Thankfully, the work of locking the front door was in her hands and she had locked and also unlocked every lock that night, giving off an illusion that she had completed her work. Therefore, the locks were already unlocked and it didn't create much sound when she opened the door.

Quietly walking downstairs, she saw a bike and without hesitation, she took the helmet from their hands and wore it as she sat behind the person and both of them disappeared into the dark night.

A/N: dun dun dun, the story gets interesting from here.