Just your average day

2 Months Earlier

Jisung was in class. History to be exact but he wasn't really paying any attention. He didn't see how learning about dead people could help him in his life. It's not like they can come back from the dead and say 'yeah let me just show you how to fix this on the computer' they didn't even have computers and everything is digital nowadays so they are completely useless.

Jisung was staring out the window at the massive oak tree planted in from of the school. It was blocking the sun so the tree had lovely beams of light streaming through the leaves lighting up the tree. Jisung found this very beautiful.
He was snapped out of it by a ruler smacking the front of his desk. He turned around to see his teacher stood in front of him.
"Mr Jisung if you have time to daydream I assume you already know about the Spanish Armada" she lowered her triangle glasses below her eyes and let the strings holding it on her neck dangle in front of Jisung's face.
"Sorry Miss I didn't mean to" Jisung sheepishly answered cursing under his breath that he had lost focus for a moment and got caught.

"That's okay Jisung" she walked back to the front and Jisung sighed in relief thinking he got away with it until she turned back around to the class and loudly asked "Jisung answer this question on the board. We have just gone over it so you should be able to answer it".
Jisung's face dropped and he saw the satisfied face of the teacher as she pointed at the top question with her ruler.

Jisung quickly skimmed it. Much to his disappointment he had absolutely no idea what the hell the question was even asking let alone how to answer it.
"Jisung. Chip chop we are waiting" the teacher tapped the board.
Jisung could feel the eyes of the entire class on him.
"Ermm....Well...the Spanish Armada is a..." Jisung quickly looked at his classmates work who had written down army near the top of his page "it's an army that's Spanish".
Jisung looked blankly at the teacher so she could not tell what he was thinking. He was trying so hard not to laugh and could see if his classmates doing the same thing.

"Jisung the question is asking what the armada did not what it is" the teacher scowled as some of the class could no longer hold their laugh and erupted the rest of the class aswell.
"Quiet. Quiet. QUIET" the teacher banged her ruler on her desk and got the class quiet "Jisung I expect you to pay more attention in class and get a good grade in the exam coming up in a few weeks. This will be on the exam".
The teacher then got back to the rest of the lesson and Jisung thanked that the ordeal was over and leaned back on his chair.

When the lesson ended it was time for lunch. Normally he would bring his own lunch but he woken up late so he needed to get in the dreaded lunch queue. He hated being in the lunch queue because it was always full of the popular kids who could afford to buy lunch all the time. As much as Jisung saw himself as an ordinary student who remained invisible he made a bad impression on Kim during his first day and to his dread Kim ended being a popular kid and a bully.

Jisung stood in the queue with his head down and was able to get a packed sandwich, apple and slice of cake quickly but as he was reaching for a chocolate milk he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Heeyyyy buddy how you been?".
Jisung knew that voice all to well. Without turning around he sighed "Hey Kim".
Now that Kim was here he tried to move fast grabbing his drink and going to pay at the card machine.
"What's the rush buddy. We haven't even had a chance to talk" Kim pulled him back.
"I'm in a rush Kim" Jisung didn't want to annoy him.
"Hey. Seems like you had fun in history. I heard you looked like a deer in headlights. My mate has a video of it. You look hilarious wanna see?" Kim didn't give Jisung a chance to answer and swung the phone in his face making him watch the video.
Jisung pushed it away.
"Stop I don't want to see it" Jisung walked ahead and finally got to the card machine. He expected to hear Kim again but he didn't and was quietly relieved.

He paid for his items and went to leave when he felt something swipe underneath him. Jisung fell forwards towards the ground dropping his food. He just managed to get his hands out in time to stop himself from face planting. The entire lunch room went silent as Jisung could feel all eyes on him. He could hear a few sniggers and some 'ohhs and ouch'.

"Oops omg I'm so sorry buddy are you okay I didn't mean to trip you" Kim put his arms up really dramatically.
Jisung ignored him and picked up his food to see his cake had been flattened inside the clingfilm. He stood up and looked at Kim.
"What the hells that look for" Kim stood forward.
"Nothing" Jisung turned around and left the lunch hall.
He went straight to his favourite place in the entire school. The roof. It was always empty because no one had the effort to go up all the stairs to get there especially with only a 30 minute break.
He sat leaning on the wall and began to eat his food. He was done within 15 minutes and sat there for the rest of the time. It was nice up here. It was quiet.

Jisung didn't really have any friends. He was always so busy and when he tried to make friends he could never hang out with them because he would need to rush home and help his mum with jobs around the house and doing some odd work himself to earn some money to pay their bills.
The friends he did make drifted away from him because he never spend any time with them so he got used to being alone and began to take comfort in it but deep down he could feel the loneliness inside him.

He closed his eyes and let himself drift off into his dreams until he could hear the bell ringing in the distance. He slowly stood up, grabbed his rubbish and headed downstairs. He quickly looked at his watch.
"Only 2 hours to go" Jisung said to himself as he made it to the classroom and threw his rubbish in the bin.
"Right everyone new seating plan find your allocated seats" the teacher said and Jisung looked up to see he was still at the back in the same seat but next to a new person.
He looked and realised who it was. All the happiness drained out his body.
"Buddy look at that we are sat next to each other" Kim smirked as Jisung sat down next to him "this is gonna be fun".