Once Over

At the courthouse

Dean's pov

It's like a loser parade in this place. God I hate comin' here. Once again, I'm the best lookin' one in the joint. Hold up, who do we have here? A new contender just entered the race. I couldn't help staring a little too long at the fox that just walked in. I mean, I think I'm still in first but we definitely have a lock on second place now.

"Hey," I greeted her.

She gave me the once-over before curtly replying, "Hi."

Despite the fact she turned away, essentially brushing me off, I decided to continue pursuit.

"So, what did they get you on?"

"Excuse me?!" She looked at me like I was nuts.

"What brought you in?" I want to make sure she's not like a meth-head or something.

"Work," she replied sharply.

"Ohhh, I get it," I said, nodding my head in understanding.

She wrinkled her brow at me, looking both confused and annoyed.

"Did you proposition a cop? Cuz I think you might be able to claim that's entrapment," I suggested helpfully.

She looked like she was about to say something but they opened a second line for screening so we got separated before she had the chance. Oh well, I wouldn't pay for it anyway. Never have, never will. The Deanmeister should be the one charging admission, not the other way around. I am premium grade afterall. You need the VIP wristband to get on this ride.

Nine hours later

After sitting through what felt like a gazillion court cases, I was finally able to leave the courthouse. Heading out to my car, I saw her again, just a few yards in front of me. Probably parked in the same lot. I never park in the one closest to the courthouse when I'm not driving the squad car and I'm not about to pay the exorbitant fees the private lots charge for all day parking. I guess workin' girls gotta save money too.

"Hey," I called out to her. "How'd your case go? Were you able to get off?"

Stopping on a dime and turning around quickly, she glared in my direction.

"EXCUSE ME?" she huffed. "Get off!?" She looked at me with such distaste, like I was fresh dog crap she just stepped in and had to wipe off her shoe.

Realizing the double entendre of my chosen question, I quickly rephrased my query.

"I mean, were you able to get the charges dropped? You know, weasel out of it?" I smiled brightly, optimistic the judge didn't see fit to put that fine piece of ass behind bars. Now if she was in our holding cell, well that would be a whole different story. A raunchy, racy, depraved story. Desperate broke hooker can't make bail so she strikes a rather unorthodox deal with the sheriff's buff devastatingly handsome deputy to negotiate release.

"Are you ok? You're not like having a stroke or something, are you?" she asked, feigning concern.

"Huh?" I replied, now snapped back to reality and unfortunately, out of my lewd daydream.

"You had this really spaced out look on your face and you were grinning like an imbecile."

"What? Oh uh, no, I was just thinking, that's all. Um, no stroke, I'm in perfect health," I reassured her.

Frowning at me with suspicion clearly at the forefront of her mind, she replied icily, "Oooookay, good to know I guess." She wrinkled her brow at me, ever so cutely.

Goddamn, she's adorable. I just want to scoop her up in my arms and lay her in the backseat of my car and fu...

Interrupting me, she continued, "And to answer your previous question, no, I did not get off," she replied in disgust. "And exactly what charges would I presumably need to have dropped, mister...?"