Catching Caution.

Hotch was stunned, his lips moved and his eyes closed, but he lost all awareness of his surroundings as he gently grabbed Cecile's sides. Jess and Gemma glanced at one another with wide eyes. 'That's one way to tell the team. I just hope they pull apart before Reid accidentally knocks them out with the ball,' Jess remarked calmly.

Rossi's eyes grew wide as he noticed the exchange, glancing at Jess who seemed calm, and Gemma who was unfazed. Cogs slowly clicking as he realised his mistake. Once his shock had worn off, he smiled and subtly held Strauss' hand under the table. 'Attaboy,' he quietly cheered as they pulled away.

'What was that for?' Hotch quietly asked as he looked around, seeing who had noticed. Those playing football were too distracted, but JJ was sat with shock hidden in her features as she saw the exchange, Will smirking but ultimately not too bothered. Garcia, however, nearly got everyone to look at her as she practically bounced in her chair with excitement at what had happened.

'I told you that if you touched me, then I would kiss you. But please be angry at me for stating my terms and conditions. Have you got everything you need now, or do you want to pin me against the wall and call me a slut like you were doing this morning?' Cecile asked cheekily, pushing his buttons as she looked him up and down.

Hotch grew pink as he heard Garcia squeal, eventually he looked to the ground and closed his eyes. 'Just get in the car. We can talk once we get back to my house. I need to put Jack down to bed first,' he demanded while wiping his face with his hands.

Eventually, Hotch stalked out of Rossi's house, saying his polite goodbyes and waving everyone off. Garcia had managed to get their attention after a while, Cecile, however, was stuck to the spot as she considered her options, the consequences for her actions replaying in her head as soon as the adrenaline left her system. Just as it became apparent that Garcia had told them all, Cecile quickly made her way out of the house to find the engine running, Gemma and Jess in the back seats with Jack.

Careful not to alarm Jack, Cecile calmly climbed into the car and closed the door as if nothing was wrong. 'They all know now. Pen managed to unfreeze herself in time,' she quietly confessed while playing with the buckle on her dungarees.

'What were you thinking? If we had gently mentioned it to Strauss, we could have managed how it got out to the FBI. Now, I have no doubt that they will know in under an hour,' Hotch complained while trying to keep his tone level.

Cecile turned to Hotch with wide eyes as all colour left her face. 'What? But, but you said that they already knew. When we decided to make this work, you told me that Rossi and Strauss offered to keep our jobs safe,' she explained timidly.

'Dave offered it because he suspected something might be happening. Tonight, he thought that I was with Jess, and you were with Gemma as two romantically involved individuals. That's why he wanted me to bring Jess,' Hotch explained, exasperated by what happened. 'You can't keep using things like this as a distraction to get out of facing or talking about difficult things. You did it this morning, and then you did it tonight. Last night, you were going to do it as well. What was the text even about if it has you so shocked?' He asked quickly.

Glancing in the mirror to the back where three people awkwardly held their tongues, not wishing to intervene, Cecile huffed quietly. 'We have an audience and a tired boy. Like hell am I arguing with you right now. Maybe we should wait,' she grumbled in response.

Jess and Gemma were dropped off at Jess' house, despite offering to return the dress, it was denied as Cecile insisted that it looked better on Gemma anyway. Jack was asleep by the time they arrived at Hotch's house and so they quietly transported him to his bed. Cecile stood by the door as she held her phone in her hand. 'Let's talk in the front room,' he quietly suggested while pointing towards the door.