Rain on my Parade.

In the streets, Cecile was walking beside Hotch as the sun dipped. From time to time, she would brush their hands together, and he would send her a warning glance before she would leave him alone for a moment or two. Until one point, where she didn't just graze his hand, she grabbed his hand and swung their arms together before he could shake her off.

'We're working, and out in public. Please be professional,' he requested confidently as they found their way down yet another alley.

'Oh please, this morning you and I were about to get our rocks off, and now you're leading me down an alley while the sun sets. You're either about to murder me or murder my pussy. And I am up for either of them,' Cecile teased as she nudged him with her elbow.

'Do you like not listening to me?' Hotch asked, sending a stern warning her way as they patrolled the streets.

Rolling her eyes, Cecile suddenly stopped in her tracks and looked to the sky. Hotch stopped beside her and looked curiously, glancing up from time to time himself before he watched her close her eyes and take a deep breath in. 'It's going to rain,' she murmured with a smile before opening her eyes again and walking over to Hotch before they began walking again.

'It's not even cloudy. You're wrong,' Hotch replied as they walked slower than last time. 'Sounds like you need a psych eval.'

Shaking her head, Cecile dramatically walked as she let her legs swing before she loudly planted her feet on the floor. 'It's going to rain. I can tell,' came her airy reply.

'You're insane,' Hotch replied with a playful scoff.

Walking a little faster, Cecile turned around and walked backwards, grabbing the tip of Hotch's tie with an outstretched hand. 'Let's make a bet. If it rains within the hour, you have to cook me dinner for a week, and you have to bring it to my house. Jack is welcome. But, if it doesn't rain, then I will be the perfect agent, no teasing, no games, and no jokes at the wrong time. Strict professionalism only,' she suggested hopefully, smirking as they walked further into the alley.

Hotch nodded, much to both of their surprises, and Cecile almost jumped from joy as she bit her lip and looked up at the sky above them. 'But, It's Jess' birthday this week so I will have to pay you back another date,' he added. 'Which reminds me, on your birthday, you said that you don't celebrate your birthday anymore, not since you were fourteen. Why don't you?' He asked.

Cecile dropped his tie and turned around, slowing down so that she could fall into step with Hotch as they walked the streets. 'Last night, I wasn't strictly honest,' she mumbled, making him furrow his brows and glance down at her curiously. 'I woke up on my fourteenth birthday to Jen, my oldest sister, she was having a melt down because she realised that morning that she might not actually like her boyfriend of two weeks. So, my parents were in a mood, and they made me wait on her, they acted like she might break if they said the wrong thing. And then Hector turned up, he said that he had something that he thought I might like. I skipped out of that front door when my parents yelled at me to get out of the house. The last time I tried to celebrate my birthday, before the other day, was my fourteenth, and I spent it dying on an operating table after walking two miles to the closest hospital while on the run from a man who tried to kill me, and he nearly succeeded. A doctor on their way saw me and drove me in. Not that I remember it. I just remember laying on the floor next to the road,' Cecile mumbled quietly, watching her feet as her eyes grew wide and red.

'You are worth more than that,' Hotch confessed as he glanced at her bowed head.

'If I had told my parents that I didn't want to celebrate my birthday. If I just sat next to Jen while she pulled her fit, he wouldn't have done what he did. She even tried to come with us but Hector told her that it was my day and she had no right to ruin it like she did. And when I got back, my parents yelled that I was just trying to take their attention away from their suffering daughter,' Cecile remarked darkly, regret dripping through her voice. 'He was the only person I knew that called me by my full first name. Cecilia. He moaned it in my ear while he...' falling quiet, Hotch closed his eyes as he realised what she was saying.