Crumpled Cacophony.

Sirens had been silenced moments before the scene played out in front of the agents who stood around the dishevelled home they found themselves in. Blood covered a number of places, but the place that most watched was the splatter that ran along Hotch as his red eyes crinkled with tears and unspent panic. Though late to the scene, Cecile quickly walked around as she looked for him.

Stumbling through to the dining room, Hotch was sat with his face blank as he gulped regularly. Blood was already drying as police walked across the scene. 'Hey, Hotch,' Cecile mumbled in an attempt to do what the rest of the team had failed to do, pull him out of his trance.

Slowly, dark hair turned at the voice as Hotch looked for who had spoken. Catching a glimpse of her brown eyes and dry tears, he fumbled a smile as she walked up to him and stood beside his chair. However, before any words could come to mind, strong arms wrapped around Cecile's waist as he gripped her with all the strength he had in his heart. Tears falling once again as he sobbed into her chest as her hands fell to his hair and back, soothing him quietly as she whispered sweet messages into his ear while her hands gently calmed him.

Pressing her face into Hotch's hair, Cecile closed her eyes as tears quietly fell as she fought off sobs, trying to remain quiet and calm for him. However, as a crackling sob ran down her skin from his throat, and liquid quickly rolled down her chest, she gulped back a sob of her own as she began to shake. Trembling fingers wiped her tears away before Cecile sniffed and let go of the hug.

Crouching in front of Hotch, Cecile managed a sad smile as her hands held his face. Closing his eyes tightly, Hotch felt her careful thumbs wipe his tears away as she finally settled on her knees. 'Hey, let's get you home and changed,' she suggested quietly while staring at his contorted features.

Knowing that Hotch didn't have the strength to open his eyes, Cecile carefully took his hands and held them in her hands, resting them on his knees as she tapped the backs of his hands to her forehead while firmly holding him. Hotch's squeeze against her fingers relaxed some of the tension in Cecile's chest as she let out a deep breath before pulling back and meeting his eye. 'What have I done?' He choked out.

'You've just survived a traumatic experience, and you saved your son. But now is when the battle gets harder. So, let's take the next step together. Are you ready to leave now?' Cecile asked calmly as her thumbs continued soothing him.

Nodding, Hotch slowly stood as his body ached from the fight he was recovering from. 'There is no shame in leaning on me,' Cecile commented as she hooked his arm around her shoulder and her hand rested on his side to support him.

After some gentle persuading, Hotch got appropriate medical help before scooping Jack up and returning home in the back seat beside Jack as Cecile drove them. Hugging his son for the entire journey, Hotch refused to look anywhere other than at his blood ridden clothes. As they arrived, Cecile unbuckled herself before getting out and opening the door for Hotch and Jack to climb out. 'Daddy, we're here,' Jack mumbled as he wiped his face, tired.

Suddenly realising where they were, Hotch unbuckled them both before climbing out of the car. Closing his eyes for a moment, the three of them stopped in the car park before enough strength was found to keep going. Keys jangled as the door was found and unlocked, Jack quietly walking while tiredly drooping his eyes as they made it up to the front door.

Once stood inside, Jack dropped his head and played with the torch in his hands. 'Why don't you get washed? I'll watch him,' Cecile offered. As her voice met Hotch's ears, he jumped and turned around at the unexpected noise.

'I, uh, I didn't hear you come in,' Hotch quietly confessed as he stared at the ground sadly. 'Thank you,' he soon added before quietly walking towards the bathroom.