Tempting Fate.

A case. It didn't take long for a case to come in the next morning. The conference room was busy almost immediately as JJ stood at the front, behind Garcia who was happily typing on her laptop as they waited for Hotch. 'Maybe we should send out a search party, he has never been this late before,' Morgan joked as he tapped his pen against the desk in front of him.

'While we wait, how was the date last night?' Prentiss asked as she turned to Cecile.

Cecile had hoped to give nothing away, but the smirk on her face couldn't be stopped as a flirty laugh left her throat. 'It was good,' she confessed, straining to keep her voice from becoming high-pitched.

'So, when will we get to meet him?' JJ asked curiously as Garcia practically lost her jaw.

'None of you guys are vetting a man for me again. George practically ran for the hills,' Cecile remarked with a smirk.

'That was Gideon and Prentiss, they didn't say anything to him. I think they just looked intimidating,' Garcia mentioned once she regrouped. 'But you haven't told me about what happened last night. What's his name?'

Cecile shook her head with wide eyes, as she began laughing, the door swung open as Hotch stormed in. 'Sorry, my alarm didn't go off and Jack got ready on his own, Jess didn't even wake me up,' he mentioned while standing at the front. He knew that he wasn't being honest. He knew it was Cecile who turned his alarm off, it was her who got Jack ready and put him in front of the TV for Jess.

The air in the room froze for a minute as the team stared at Hotch, a few flicking to Cecile who was equally shocked. Until her giggle broke the silence. 'Looks like Cecile wasn't the only one to get lucky last night,' Morgan mentioned as they glanced at him.

Hotch's eyes were stuck on Cecile as she turned a nasty shade of red, a large purple mark sat on his neck, something he hadn't noticed in the morning. 'You are not going to live this down,' she laughed out before composing herself. She had done it to him, but the room was dark when she woke up so she didn't see them.

Rossi curiously watched the exchange. From his point of view, Cecile had gotten lucky, and so had Hotch. However, she seemed genuinely unbothered by his recent encounter. Suddenly their entire relationship came into question for him. After all, they had been friends for a long time, and it was only after Haley died that there seemed to be something more to it. Frustration was a great motivator. Sexual frustration was even more of a motivation. Rossi wondered if the pair weren't madly in love after all.

They eventually got to the case, four found dumped in large bins. Possibly more, but no one would ever know unless they searched miles of landfill. 'When we land, Dave and Reid, I want you to talk to the latest victim's family. Morgan and Prentiss, go to the station and start working on the profile, JJ, work with the local police and release a statement. Cecile, you and I can go to the last dump site. Wheels up in thirty,' he remarked sternly as the team stood to leave.

'Dump site? It's a bin. Son of a bitch,' Cecile grumbled as she closed her file.

Hotch was staring at the paper as he mumbled, 'language,' to himself.

'What was that?' Cecile confidently asked with a playful, challenging tone.

'Nothing,' Hotch replied frankly.

Cecile smirked as she felt the victory in her chest. 'That's what I thought. That. Is. What. I. Thought,' she taunted before walking out of the conference room with the rest of the team.

Returning to his office, the team watched Hotch as he ran his hand through his hair while thinking about his next course of action. Not long later, they had to leave for the jet, he was, as expected, the first on board as he glanced at the document in his hand. Cecile took the seat beside him as she arrived last, but no one quite fancied dealing with Hotch when he was stressed. 'Oh, come on, it's no big deal. They'll think it was just part of the job. Big Bad FBI agent got hit and got a bruise. It isn't like it's on your-oh. You've got one there too,' she mumbled.