Cold Noodles.

Pushing the door closed behind her, Cecile felt her shoulders relax as Georgina and Catherine walked with her to the car. 'So, any boys in the picture?' Georgina asked playfully as she beat her sister to the front seat of the car.

'Not unless you count the guys I let take me from behind,' Cecile remarked, making them both groan angrily.

'You've never been able to hold your tongue,' Catherine grumbled from the back seat.

Tutting, Cecile glanced at them with a smirk. 'Funny, as kids you spent your lives telling me way too much information. I knew when and how much you pooped. I wiped your arses for years, and that was just because you didn't like doing it,' she retorted while driving down the road.

'Speaking of our childhood. We have been meaning to ask, when we were eight and six, we can remember something happening. You came home all bruised and had to see the doctor about something,' Catherine began quietly, testing the waters for a reaction.

'You were never the favourite. But mum and dad always trusted you, we remember you looking after us a lot. And we know you taught us how to ride a bike, but after that day, you shut yourself in your room and cried a lot. I don't remember you crying before that day. And then they said that you got really sick. And then you would yell at anyone who called you by your full name, like dad did today. But as we got older, you just kinda stopped. And then you looked after us even more, even when mum and dad told you not to,' Georgina explained as they both watched the panic flood her face.

Debating her words, Cecile tried to clear her mind of the memories. 'None of us are the favourites. Jen would murder us and then sob about how much she misses us while the police take her away before she lets us take that title. But as for what happened, it's something that is over now. It's in the past,' she answered quietly.

'When the police came, mum and dad were in pieces. They kept crying and talking about how they were so silly to have done something. Talked about how they were going to wrap you up in cottonwool and make sure nothing ever happens again. But when the police left, Jen stopped them from going to wherever you were, and she closed the door. After an hour, they left the front room and were furious. I have never heard dad shout so loudly at us for asking when we could have dinner,' Catherine added.

Knuckles turned white against the steering wheel as Cecile's eyes clouded over. 'We really shouldn't be having this conversation while I'm driving. We're almost there anyway. And we can't take too long, you guys need to shoot off soon,' she responded with a raspy voice she hadn't heard before.

Pulling up in the car park, Cecile handed them cash before telling them to go ahead and buy what they needed. As they got out, tears filled her eyes as she locked the door. Clinging to the top of the wheel with both hands, painfully holding onto it like she would fall through a hole in the ground if she let go, her head dropped between her arms as she sobbed.

Cecile's whole body shook as she let out a curdling scream between her cries as her chest heaved. Tears fell to her legs as she choked on air. Her cries soon turned to heavy, laboured breathing, but just as she started to regain control over herself again, a hum and whine entangled itself into her cries as she shook all over again. After a few passing moments, she sat up and wiped her face before sniffing and using a piece of tissue to clean her nose.

Both girls climbed in, Catherine getting the front seat, but unlike they usually did, there was no smug remark about winning the race to the car. 'Not so in the past then,' she remarked quietly.

Driving back home, Chinese stinking the car out, Cecile sniffed and shook her head. 'Look, they are going to want to tell you what happened one day. I just hope that neither of you find out. It isn't because you're too young or my little babies, but you are my little babies. I just...ugh...when you find out, you will never be able to look at any of them again. I know you won't be able to. And I can't let that happen, mum and dad need you two to stop Jen from getting to them. And Jen doesn't deserve to get everything she wants in life. If she could make it happen, we would be out of their lives, and they would only ever see her. Don't let that happen, because then she wins,' she rambled sadly.