A Thief in the Night Came.

'I, uh, I need the key to your office,' Cecile lied, pushing conviction in her voice as she felt like a fool. Jess and Hotch were obviously going to fall in love one day, she should have known better.

'Why?' Hotch asked hesitantly.

Clearing her throat, Cecile looked to the floor as she thought up another lie. 'My reports today weren't great, and I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. Thought I might get a head start considering it's the weekend and they're all due for Monday,' she suddenly admitted when the thought occurred to her.

'Oh, okay. Let me look for it,' Hotch replied as he slowly walked into the room right next to them.

'Aaron said that you had a date. I assume it wasn't that great,' Jess remarked as she sized Cecile up.

Shaking her head, Cecile smirked as she recalled the night. 'It couldn't have gone worse if I tried. Short of one of us dying, it all happened,' she remarked with a venomous snicker.

'Oh, darling, what happened?' Jess asked.

Hotch had found the key, but he was frozen in place as he listened to their conversation. 'Well, he was late and called me a nickname that I hated. Dressed for a bar at best, asked his first question an hour and a half in, and didn't let me say much more than a blunt answer. He ordered for me, and he called me fat, directly after he ordered himself a massive dessert. Oh, and he was horrible to the waiter. But he was nice and quiet when I paid because he "forgot" his wallet in the car he had impounded weeks ago after he was drunk driving. A fact he informed me of nearly three hours prior. Oh, and his second and final question of the evening consisted of him calling my mouth quiet and obedient. Unless you count the phrase "you know?" every two seconds, my opinion was useless,' Cecile hatefully rambled as her eyes gleamed red.

Jess watched while Hotch listened, knowing that there was more to the evening than she had said. Her chest was heaving as her fists grew tighter. In truth, Cecile felt like an idiot, she was stood in the doorway of a man she loved while rambling to the woman who had beaten her to it. 'Oh, he is something,' Jess commented with her lips contorted in a mix of more emotions than even she could comprehend.

'Sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It just isn't often that a man makes out with my cheek and thinks it's my lips. He was so proud of himself he pretty much demanded I take him back to mine,' Cecile added, trying to make herself laugh.

Hotch stepped out of his office and handed her the key she was after. 'Maybe he just wanted to see what that cheek do,' Jess remarked playfully and Cecile giggled sadly as she clutched the key tightly.

'No, he probably didn't want to walk home,' Hotch added casually.

'Anyway, I should get going. Thanks, Hotch,' Cecile suddenly announced as her eyes grew red.

Her attempt to leave was stopped when Jess stepped forward, Cecile once again saw a quiet look in Jess' eye, she was sure Hotch was returning one. 'Look, I'm headed out now anyway. Jack's in bed and we've eaten, why don't you and Aaron stay and talk? It's too late for work now,' Jess mentioned kindly.

Shaking her head, Cecile waved the idea off. 'Don't be silly, you've got a family night in from what I can see. Scotch has got me through enough of my issues. Hungover paperwork is my speciality,' she joked while trying to back out of the house.

'I've actually got to get to work early tomorrow. Have a sweet evening,' Jess declared as she scooped her bag up and escaped before Cecile could react. Stepping away, she let them say goodbye before she too would leave before she could make an even bigger mess of an already sticky situation. Holding her bag's strap tightly in her hand, she fought her urge to scream into the closest thing she could find. 'Aaron Hotchner, if you don't tell her how you feel then I am going to go in there and tell her myself. You're lucky you got to her first, or I would be trying to get my own two fingers in,' Jess remarked and Cecile blanched as she was sure to have taken their conversation out of context. 'CeCe won't be single forever, not all of them will be jerks like tonight,' she almost shouted before walking away.