Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion

Start from the beginning

"I... love her. I've fallen for Cynthia...real hard." he sighed, a sweat drop appeared on his cheek as he scratched the back of his neck. Me and the two cats held shock on our faces. My eyes opened hugely and gapped my mouth open to hang low.

"D-Did I just h-hear you say... l-love her?!" I yelled in shock as Sting winced at the pitch of my voice. I did not expect him to say that. Honestly, I had no idea. I thought of it as some sort of crush. Even when we were kids, I could tell that he had his eyes set on her. But I didn't expect that he would be straightforward about it.

"Don't make me repeat it again..." he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Unless you want me too..." he grinned.

"Are you going to walk into the guild and ask her straight out?" I asked.

"I have a better idea in mind."

"Really? And what would that be?"

"Something that she would really like... I hope."

"Hm... are you nervous?" I mocked.

"N-No! Why did you ask?" he stammered and saw a tint of blush to rise on his cheeks.

"You're stuttering and still blushing." I pointed out in a flat tone.

"Rogue-kun is right! You're blushing Sting-kun!" Lector grinned.

"Fro thinks so, to!"

"S-Shush guys.... that's not making me feel any better!"

"You'll feel better if you ask her out right now." I said.

"I-I will! I just have to work out my plan." Sting grumbled. He must really love her huh? as an evil thought was planted in my mind.

"If you don't do it soon...then I'll ask her out." I smirked. Oh I'm in trouble now. It's easier to provoke him than waiting for them to kiss and go out.

Everyone has been pushing the two to go out together, but they don't notice their feelings for one another. Well except for Sting who confessed already in front of me, Lector and Frosch. On the other hand, Cynthia seems to like him... but I'm not sure if she reciprocates thee exact same feelings as Sting. Meaning if she loves him more than a friend and not like.

"Rogue! I'll kill you, if you dare to lay a hand or touch her in any way." he sneered in anger, making Lector and Frosch to tremble in fear.

That did it.

I knew what was going on in his mind. His dragon instincts are kicking in. Meaning that he's starting to become like one since his hormones are starting to erupt in him. I knew the exact answer, why he was this pissed. He found her, and he didn't want anyone else to touch her. A smirk came onto my lips as I stared back at the snarling Sting, who was pissed as ever.

"She's your mate, isn't she?" my tone was straight out flat.

"Huh?" Sting calmed down slightly and stared me down in confusion.

"You and her are mates. Meaning that you're being paranoid, greedy, obsessive and claiming her as yours. So in other words, your dragon instincts are reeling in."

"W-What?"

I sighed in annoyance and pinched the bridge of my nose. "It's simple Sting. She's your mate. You found your soulmate. I was provoking you that I would ask her out. It seems like you're really jealous and -"

"M-My mate?" he said in shock, cutting me off.

"Don't pretend you don't know you idiot." I scolded.

"I'm not pretending! I'm just... in shock... Cee-chan is my mate?" he stared at me wide eyed. I nodded in response which he seemed to soften up and tug a smile once more on his face.