They kept their voices low as they continued to walk down the staircase, many members of the gang breezing past them. "shuut up, ya know that ain't it! I'm just saying...." He suddenly tugged her shirt, causing her to turn towards him. He was only a few inches away from her, face hovering over hers as he whispered, "ya know you liked me better. My bruises couldn't be seen~"

Her face flushed bright red, sending him cackling.

Because... Well, it was fucking true- half true. She might not have liked him better, but it was still good. His warm hands lingered on her arm as she turned away, her pace sped up; he kept up with her. "You're thinking 'bout me now, right? Thinking of my huge-"

[Name] suddenly whipped around, and Ace yelped as she suddenly pinched his nose, holding it shut. "oh my god, shut up!" She hissed, "yes, I'm thinking about that one time we fucked, happy?" His smug grin said enough. Her fingers suddenly felt warm, too warm, and she quickly released his nose, to which he twitched like a bunny. She rolled her eyes, "but do you wanna remember why it was only the one time?"

Ace's smug grin faltered slightly, his own freckled cheeks growing a little pink at the sudden turn. [Name] grinned, "should I tell everyone about the time you fell asleep halfway through? Hmmm?"

"W-Well if anything it looks bad for you!"

"Oh Ace, I doubt anyone sees it that way! I know you think I'm hot~" she purred, grinning proudly as he pouted. "Otherwise, why would you keep bringing up something that happened over two years ago?"

It probably wasn't even true, but when Ace was caught off guard he'd gets blinded by his fluster, so she knew she won as he stood there with nothing to say. She winked, "gotcha~"

Ace, thoroughly annoyed she'd won, begrudgingly opened the door to leave. A shadow cast down suddenly, blocking the sun. She blinked, looking forward, and then following up along the body. A large puff of smoke was blown into her face before she could process who it was.

"Smoker?" He glared down at her.

"Of course I'd find you here," he groaned, "you're everywhere these damn criminals are."

She blinked, trying to quickly process everything. So he isn't here for me? That thought was a huge relief, "but this works out for me since I was going to come find you later anyways." She visibly deflated.

"What're you doin' here?" Ace spoke sternly, hovering right behind [Name] as she blocked their path.

Smoker flashed his badge, "I've come to ask White Beard a few things."

"There's no way we're letting you do that," Thatch came out of nowhere, followed by a loot more gang members.

Smoker's expression didn't change at all. "Well, that's too bad, cause he's expecting me."

"Smoker," Marco's voice echoed from the second floor above, "let him in boys, White Beard is waiting for him."

"What the hell?" Ace hissed, turning his glare to Marco instead.

"It's about whoever's killing those kids," he responded, "White Beard is trying to help them. So be respectful." No one argued against that, everyone falling silent as they all solemnly agreed. Kids have always been the exception; the one thing not even the worst people would harm. And whoever was doing this was harming many.

[Name] backed up into Ace, who reluctantly shuffled back to let Smoker through. "And remember," he grumbled past his cigar, "whatever things I see, and whatever abilities I see are still able to be reported. This is the only time I'm warning you." No one spoke, just silently moving aside as Smoker began to walk up the stairs. "Oh, and [Name]?" She looked up from the floor, "wait here for me. I've got questions for you too."