Chapter 19

Rose POV

I sat on the bed feeding my baby boy, Adrian was taking care of our little girl. We had just finished up feeding them, when I knock sounded at the door, I rose to answer it, laying Mason down in his crib. I opened door to see Lissa standing there. I hadn't spent any time with Lissa since I had come home, Adrian wanted me home, his worry for me making him protective of me. I hadn't minded though. I needed time to deal with it, and it gave me the excuse without making me look weak. Seeing Lissa there, eyes watering as she pulled me into a hug.

"I was so worried, Rose." She said as she started to sob.

"Shhh.. I know Lissa... I'm okay though." I said, desperately trying to calm her. she didn't need to worry over me.

"That was the third time I've almost lost you. Fourth if you count when you went to Russia." She said. "How many more times am I going to go through that? Every time, it seems worse!"

"Lissa..." I started, only to get interrupted.

"And what is worse, is that it's my fault! Christian helped them because they threatened to kill me!"

"Yes, and if you weren't so darn killable, these things wouldn't happen! Shame on you Lissa. How could you put my life at risk because your mortal?" I said sarcastically "seriously Lissa, it's not your fault. Neither is it Christians. You did what you could under the circumstances. Maybe things could have been different but they weren't. Speaking of Christian...."

"Ugh.... I don't know what to do..." she said, as we walked inside the house.

"Do you still love him?" I asked her as we sat at the table.

"Yes." She said softly, tears running down her face.

"Then be with him! The past is the past and he did help find me, by giving Abe and Adrian any information he knew. Christian isn't all bad, and if you love him you should be with him." I said, trying to show how much I meant the words I was saying in my tone of voice.

"You never stop taking care of me. Even now, after everything, your making me see reason and helping me through all this." She said, looking at me with the kind of love only two sisters can share.

"Actually, Lissa, you were always the voice of reason. Without you I never would have been able to help making a lot of mistakes I avoided." I said grinning. "I think we take care of each other. Because that's what sisters do and in the end, that exactly what we are. Sisters. Now go find Christian and make up with him. and not to make you feel embarrassed or anything, but he probably already knows you love him, and probably heard this whole conversation. Depending on how strong the bond is."

A blush creped onto her face as I pushed her out the door, not more than 30 feet away, I saw Christian leaning against a building, grinning. Laughing lightly to myself as I shut the door I turned to find my Adrian right behind me.

I slid my hands around his waist and leaned my head against his chest and sighed when he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you, you know?" he said against my hair. "When you were gone, I was so scared I was going to lose you." I looked up at him to see his emerald green eyes flash with hurt at the memory. "You are my world Little Dhampir. You and our children are everything that means anything to me in this world. I would do anything to keep any of you safe." I opened my mouth to say something, but he pressed a finger to my lips to silence me.

"Let me finish." He said softly. "I didn't know what real love was until I met you. And when you ignored me, I loved you all the more. When you and Belikov got back together...." His voice faltered, for a moment as he gathered up his feelings, and picked his words. "When you got back together, I felt my world shatter. Nothing mattered anymore, and honestly I felt I deserved the hurt. I've broken so many hearts, why should I get a happy ending? But now... Now I have you, I have a family with you, I'm married to you.... If you had told me I would ever feel this way about a woman before I met you, I would have laughed. But I couldn't be happier. I love you Rose."

I stretched up on my toes and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He responded instantly and to soon we broke apart.

"I love you too Adrian." I said heat swelling between us as I dragged him off into our bedroom.