Chapter 3

Adrian POV

Rose and I were in sitting on the couch when someone knocked on my room door. Rose stood to answer it and when she did, it took everything in me not to go hide. My face must have been terrified though. Rose had a look on her face, when she turned to look at me for a moment, that made me think that if this wasn't a 'serious' moment, she would laugh.

"What are you doing here old man?" she asked, trying to sound in charge and defiant. Abe, walked in and sat down on my sofa.

"So Rose I heard you're pregnant." He said like he was discussing the weather. Rose looked slightly horrified that he knew but honestly, why else would he be here?

"So?" She asked. I think she was scared of her father's reaction. I had always thought Rose was beautiful, but I think she is even more beautiful when she is in charge and unafraid. And even though she was afraid, she wasn't showing it. I mostly knew because I had known her so well and I can see her aura. She was beautiful and I don't think even though she did what she did to me, that I will give her up. She is my drug. I needed her and maybe, just maybe she would need me too. Maybe she would open herself to me again and we can start new again.

"Rose can you please excuse us for a moment? I would like to speak with your father." I said trying to borrow some of the strong air she had. She looked like she was about to argue, when Lissa called her phone and asked her to come over her house really quick. She gave her father a warning glance and quickly disappeared.

"Adrian, if you think for a moment that you can leave her, the-" I cut him off.

"Abe, if you think that I would leave my child then you really know nothing about me. I love Rose, even after everything that happened and I love my child too. Even if Rose doesn't want me to be with her romantically, I am going to be there for her through this whole thing because I love her and I will always love her. And when the baby is born I will love it too." I said angrily. No matter what I wasn't leaving Rose. And she wasn't leaving me, not this time.

"You better mean that Adrian, and if you don't... Well, I'll let you guess of what comes next." He said seriously looking at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes. I nodded just as seriously, and walked him to the door. He was walking out, when something occurred to me.

"Abe, how did you know Rose was pregnant?" I asked curiously i knew abe was a snake but no one really new about the baby yet.

"Dimitri called me." He said and I don't know why but I felt my blood boil. "He said he wanted to stop Rose from making a huge mistake." All of a sudden I wanted to go punch him he had no right.

"Did he also tell you he wanted rose to get an abortion? That he told her to pick between the baby and him?" I said and I saw Abe's face darken.

"Maybe I will need to go have a talk to Dimitri later I'll talk to you later Adrian. Remember, if you hurt my little girl, I will hurt you Ivashkov." He said as he walked out into the night. I would hate to be Dimitri.

Knowing Rose was coming back over I started to clean up my room a little bit. I wanted her to be happy and comfortable here. I called room service and they sent up extra blankets and a blow up bed. I also had them send up some food, I knew Rose liked pizza so that's what I ordered. I was getting kind of nervous because it had been a while and Rose was still gone. I don't know what Lissa called her for, but where was she? She had to come back soon. My phone started ringing and I grabbed it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Lord Adrian Ivashkov?" a voice I didn't recognize said into the phone and I suddenly got a very bad feeling.

"Lord Ivashkov, I am calling to inform you that Guardian Rosemarie Hathaway was just admitted to the hospital. Queen Dragomir asked we inform you." I felt the phone slide from my hands and I quickly grabbed it.

"What happened? How long ago was this? Is she alright?"I asked my thoughts all over the place. I could barley think. Was the baby alright? I was about to ask when the voice spoke again.

"Guardian Hathaway was attacked. I cannot disclose the details at this time, but Queen Dragomir asked that you please come to the hospital."

"Thank you for informing me." I said as I hung up, shoving the phone in my pocket and I ran out the door to the hospital. When I got there Lissa was sobbing into Christian's chest and he was stroking her hair. I ran over to her.

"Lissa, what happened? Why is Rose here? What about the baby?" I asked my mind going crazy from everything.

"Adrian! I had asked Rose to come back to the house because Dimitri threw all of her stuff out of the window and I needed help to get everything together. We took everything to my house . Rose was going to get the last box when I heard her scream and when I ran outside..." Lissa started sobbing even harder now. "They - they don't know what's wrong with her. They think she might die. I tried to heal her but it didn't work. The magic didn't work. I'm going to lose her!" Lissa sobbed all over again.

I felt myself start to fall. I heard the people surround me and try to wake me up, but it was like I was watching from afar, trapped in my own hell. Rose and the baby... I could lose my baby and my love. Then the blackness took over and all thoughts were gone.