Chapter 10

~38 Weeks~

APOV

I left the house when Rose laid down for a nap. She had been so tired and upset lately, I wanted to get her something so she knows how much she means to me. I was at the jewelry store at court, Rose would kill me if I left court, looking at a beautiful emerald heart necklace that was surrounded by little diamonds. Paying up I felt Rose wake up. The bond between me and one, or both, of my child/children grew stronger with each passing day. I knew, from them, that Rose had woken up. Rose was probably hungry, so I picked up a pizza and a soda and went back to the house. Rose hated fancy dinners and liked to avoid them if she could.

Walking into the house we still shared with Lissa I sat the pizza down on the table.

"Pizza!" Christian said sitting down and taking half the pizza on his plate. We had been hanging out some, enough for me to tell that while he didn't blame Rose on Tasha's death, he still felt weird around her. He hadn't said that exactly but you could tell it by the way he cringed every now and then at her, the way his aura would suddenly burst into an angry sadness then flare down. Mostly it had stopped. His aura always looked guilty when he looked at her. Like he was ashamed of what had happened.

"That was for Rose, Christian." I said trying to take the plate from him but he just kept moving it. Between Rose and Christians appetites it was impossible for them to share a pizza. They always argued over the last slice, who ate more, so on and so on.

"There is still some left." He said, pointing the slice of pizza he was trying to eat so I wouldn't take it at the box. "Anyway, Rose and Lissa went out shopping. Rose wanted to go walk around and Lissa has some more baby stuff she wants to pick out. Guardian Moore went with them." Christian said rolling his eyes. I started to laugh when I felt something. All of a sudden I felt a brief flash of pain and the second I realized it was from the bond, it felt like the bond split, it was gone. I grabbed my phone and dialed Rose.

"Adrian!" Lissa shouted into the phone. "Meet me at the hospital, Rose is going into labor!"

The line disconnected and I ran upstairs to pack Rose a bag. Christian was at my heels trying to find out what was going on. I quickly told him and he helped me pack. We were done in seconds and ran towards the hospital. We lived in walking distance since there was one at court and we quickly ran almost into Rose's room. Lissa walked out quickly.

"You guys need to stay out here for now. Rose doesn't want you guys in there at this moment." She said quietly.

"What do you mean, she doesn't want us in there?" I asked. "I am her husband!" I said trying to push past Lissa. Lissa just looked at me.

"Let Rose be. She will be ok, just be patient." She said turning and walking back into the room.

I sat outside of the room, on the floor, for what felt like hours when Lissa finally stepped back out, holding my baby in her arms. I stood up and took the child in my arms and walked into the room. Rose was holding our other baby. I was holding our daughter, I realized.

"What are you going to name them?" Lissa asked sitting next to Rose. Sometimes I think Lissa tried to protect Rose then Rose protected her.

"Well lissa, Adrian I was thinking Elizabella Daniella Rose Ivashkov, and Mason Adrian Ivashkov I really " Rose said
"Rose that sounds lovely "I said honestly
I held my baby girl in my arms looking at her beautiful face. I looked closer at her for a moment. Looking at her aura, I noticed the gold surrounding it. I gave her a smile and she looked at me with intelligent eyes.

"You're a spirit user." I murmured at her sweetly, kissing her head and Rose turned and gaped at me.

"She can't be a spirit user, Adrian. She is a Dhampir." Rose said in a quiet voice. Rose was confused and that made two of us. Another thing I noticed as a familiar link between auras. The link was to Mason. They were bonded. I smiled at my children and traded with Rose, picking up my son. Things could only get better from here... Right?

~A Week later~

RPOV

Adrian was watching the kids right now. I told him I needed to go down to the gym. Being pregnant had affected my workout so I needed to spend a little time here. I would protect my family from anything and I couldn't do that unless I start working out again. Christian had come to spar with me. He still believed in Mori learning to fight and I had agreed to teach him.

We were almost done and my muscles hurt. Christian had been unnaturally silent this entire time. When he finally spoke up his words surprised me.

"I'm sorry Rose." He said and I felt something hit the back of my head hard. I fell to the ground as the blackness consumed me.

ChristianPOV

I didn't want to do it, but they would hurt Lissa. I couldn't lose her. I already lost my parents and my aunt and I wouldn't lose her. I turned away disgusted with myself for doing what I did. I knew they were going to hurt Rose but I had to keep Lissa safe. Rose would want, right?