Chapter 18

Adrian wouldn't answer his phone. I had called him three times already and Abe four times. I called Christian, Lissa, I even called my mother. No one was picking up! Finally I gave up and called Dimitri. I was still upset with Dimitri and I guess it was petty. It was unfair to Ralf though, to let him bleed while I avoided calling someone who could help.

"Hello?" he said, answering after the 3rd ring.

"Dimitri, it's Rose." I said trying to be polite and business like. "I need help."

A few minutes later, Dimitri had the location and was preparing people to come help us. I made him swear Adrian would come, and that my Children wouldn't. I didn't want them to see me like this. Taking time now to think, I wondered how far Daniella's powers and intelligence went. And, I wondered, if Mason had any gifts. Ralf was looking worse and worse. I didn't think he could wait until Adrian and Dimitri got here, so I told him to do the only thing I thought would help.

"I am not going to bite you, Rose" he said, weakly. He sounded a little offended.

"Look, we can argue but it would make you feel better and without blood, I think you might die." I said looking him over. He stayed quiet for a couple more moments before agreeing with me.

I leaned near him and he slowly neared my neck, and quickly bit me. A brief flash of pain came before I was filled with bliss. It was like walking on sunshine. Everything good and wonderful came from that bite and time meant nothing. I was suddenly ripped away from my happy world when Ralf pulled away from me. It took me a few moments to become myself again.

"You okay?" he asked, looking worried.

"Wonderful." I giggled staring around me. A small rational part of me knew I would have to pull myself out of this beautiful misty haze that had me trapped in a world of light and wonder. The larger, hurt part of me argued that I deserved the hazy world I am in for all the pain and suffering I just went through.

"I see cars." Ralf said sitting up instantly, looking off to our right. I started to rise, the thought of seeing Adrian was too alluring, I needed him in this moment more than I had ever needed anyone in my life. I stumbled a little as I stood, and just as I found my balance, Ralf grabbed my arm and started to limp over to a hidden place.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, about to tug away. The only thing stopping me was what he had done. I knew Ralf had done a lot for me, and he wasn't going to hurt me.

"That's Roberts car." He said, making sure we were completely hidden by the large, overgrown bushes that were outside of the building. Sure enough I saw a moment later, Robert step out of the driver's seat followed by Guardian Moore. I clinched my fists in anger, and a sense of betrayal. Even though he and I hadn't been close, we were guardians to the same person. The same person who cared about me, and who was probably worried sick. The fact that he did this to Lissa made me more upset than everything he had done to me. if Ralf hadn't been there I would have tried to kill him. I would have lost, in my weakened state. They didn't notice anything amiss, as they walked back inside calmly.

A moment or two after they walked in, a car sped into the grass and Adrian, Abe and Dimitri I didn't know the names of. Ralf and I helped each other stand as we started our way to them. We hadn't taken more than four steps when Adrian ran over and scooped me up in his arms, which would have been fine, if Ralf hadn't then lost his balance and fallen over. Placing me down, he helped Ralf up.

"Are you Alright?" he asked me, pulling me back into his arms.

"I'm fine now, Ralf helped me." I said, realizing now how I tired I really was. "Can we go home now?" I asked, knowing they all wanted the full story.

Abe came over and gave me a quick hug and helped me into the car, as Adrian helped get Ralf. I wasn't sitting for more than a moment before I passed out.

APOV

Rose and Ralf had just gotten settled in the car, when I saw Robert run out of the building next to Ethan Moore. Furry shot through me. I wanted to kill them both. Dimitri obviously had the same idea as we ran together at them, Dimitri fighting Ethan as I fought Robert.

Abe had been having me trained some while we searched for Rose, thinking it would come in handy at some point. I never questioned it, but now I was thankful for it. Victor threw a sloppy punch at my head that I easily ducked, kicking him hard in the stomach. Spirits madness overtook me as I watched him fall. Him in jail, would never be enough for me. I wanted to kill him with my own hands; I wanted to be the reason for his death. That alone was reason enough as I took advantage of his fall and, using my teeth, ripped a massive hole in his throat.

I didn't drink any, because I felt his blood was more a cures than something to feed me. he didn't deserve the mercy of a true bite. Taking the stake I had stolen before we left court, I dragged it across his face and chest, leaving deep cuts in their wake, enjoying in a sick way, how his screamed and begged for me to stop. His cries became weaker and weaker until all the blood was gone from his body and he was left a lifeless corpse that I continued to stab still finally Abe pulled me away. Dimitri lay injured on the ground but still alive. I looked around for Ethan's body, but I didn't see it. When I demanded an answer out of Abe, he told me in his calm, irritating way, that Ethan lived. I actually growled when I was told, standing up roughly, I walked back to the car, sparing no thought for the man I had just murdered. Thoughts were only for my love and wife, Rose.