Chapter 12

CPOV

After I knocked Rose out, he walked out. I don't know who he is. I can't even tell what he looks like, from all the clothes he wears, his face hidden by what looks like a cheap Halloween mask and a hood.

"I did what you said. You'll leave lissa alone now ?" I asked him. I had received a call from him a two days ago, saying that if I didn't bring him Rose by today, Lissa would die. At first I didn't believe him, but after I told him that he couldn't kill her, told him that he could be arrested, will be arrested for threats against the queen, an arrow shot out of nowhere and almost hit Lissa, who had been right out of ear shot, in the head. It was a warning, telling me to do as I'm told.

"We'll see." He said picking up Rose's limp body and tossing her over his shoulder.

"What do you mean you'll see? I did as I was told!" I shouted at him.

"You keep your mouth shut about all of this and she can live. But we can't have you telling everybody " he asked me. I summoned up the fire within me and was about to burn him when he spoke, completely calm.

"You think I'm the only one in this? Killing me will only get you and Vasilisa killed. So go now, act normal, do as your supposed to do." I didn't have time to speak before he ran out of the building. I sank on the floor and cried. Actually cried or what I had done. I don't know how long I cried but I eventually got up and walked back to get my bags and got on my flight. I had to try to get more people supporting the Mori-fighting idea. Act normal, he had said. Easier said than done.

APOV

It had been 2 days since Rose was taken. Abe and I had started forming a plan almost as soon as we realized Rose was kidnapped. Elizabella hadn't dream-walked to me since that night as well, but from the way she would watch me when I went in there and took care of them, I knew what question she was asking. 'Why have you not found her?' every time she looked at me like that I would reply, knowing she understood, "We will sweetie, I will get Rose back." Mason's aura wasn't clouded by darkness like Rose's aura used to be, but you could tell that little bits were sinking in from when Danniella dream-walked.

Today I had a mission. Abe didn't know what I was going to do because I didn't think he would agree, but as much as I hated to do this, I cared for Rose enough to try anything to help her. I walked up to Dmitri's door and knocked loudly.

He opened the door, shock showing on his face when he saw it was me. He hadn't gone with Christian because Christian had given him a vacation.

"What are you doing here Ivashkov?" he asked, saying my name like it was a swear.

"Rose has gone missing." I said quickly. "She has been missing for days Dimitri. If we don't find her I fear she die."

He looked at me, his face had palled when I had told him. I could tell by his aura that he was fighting something in his mind, when he spoke.

"I will help. Do you have any idea who took her?" he asked me.

"No. Rose didn't always make friends but I can't think of anyone who would want her dead. Can you?" I asked him, hopeful he would have some idea, anything to help.

"Yes." He said turning around and grabbing a notebook and pen from his room and walking back to me.

"Who?" I screamed, ideas running through my mind, if he knew we could save Rose! I could have my Rose back in my arms again!

"It's a long shot, and I wouldn't count on it. But Robert Doru has reason. Rose, when she was on the run when they thought she killed the queen, Rose accidentally killed Victor. Robert might have planned to avenge his brother by killing Rose."

"Rose killed Victor?" I asked. She never told me about that.

"Yeah" He said quietly. "She was really torn up about it. She had hated him, but she didn't want to kill him. The darkness had gotten the best of her and she didn't know what she was doing." Looking at Dimitri's face I could tell he still loved her. That is why I asked him to help me. because I knew he would do anything for Rose just like I would.

"I'll call Abe and tell him to check Robert out. Thank you, Dimitri." I said turning to walk off.

"I will not be left out of this." He said firmly. "I am going to help save Rose."

I stood still, not moving for a moment. Finally I turned, "Alright. But if you do anything to hurt Rose or endanger this mission, I will make sure you suffer greatly." I said and walked off, pressing Abe's number in my speed dial.