Chapter 4

I burst into the hospital room I could only see her face but from what I could see she looked bad. Her face was swollen and purple and she had a cut starting under the middle of her right eye to her lips. I wanted to hurt whoever did this to her.

I laid my hand on her cheek softly trying to heal her. Lissa had said it didn't work but I had to try. it healed the cut on her face and faded some of the bruises'. I felt someone grab my arm and I spun around to see Dimitri. Hatred filled me and I wanted nothing more than to punch him, but I kept my head because it wouldn't help Rose or the baby right now.

"What do you want Belikov?" I said. just because I wasn't going to try and hurt him didn't mean I was going to be nice to the man who wanted my kid dead.

"How can you heal Rose but Lissa couldn't?" he demanded like I knew the answer. "I thought you stunk at healing." He said, rudely.

I took a deep breath. I think he just wanted to piss me off but I wouldn't let him win I just looked at him one more time and turned back to Rose and started to pull down the blanket. Dimitri tried to grab my arm again but his fingers caught fire for a split second, and Christian came to stand beside me. Dimitri went and sat down in a chair and I turned back to Rose again. And I touched her arm lightly and concentrated on her and her wounds seemed to vanish. I smiled lightly to myself.

"What is wrong with her?" I asked turning to Lissa who was staring at me in amazement.

"She slipped into a coma, they aren't sure she will ever wake up." Lissa said, her voice quivering and knowing Lissa, she had cried out so many tears already, probably kept crying for Rose.

I looked at Rose again and concentrated hard, trying to pull her out of this, trying to use my spirt to help her wake up. Nothing happened for about 6 minutes. I see what Lissa meant about her body repelling it. It was like all the darkness that had begun to fade from her aura had created a wall around her. I couldn't break through it.

Angrily I stood up and went outside. I could feel spirit getting to me and I needed a cigarette. Walking outside I found a bench and sat down, lighting my cigarette. I was lifting it to my lips when some idiot smacked it from my hands. I turned to see Dimitri standing there looking pissed off.

"What the hell?" I asked him standing up.

"You are going to stay away from Rose. She doesn't need that baby or you dragging her down. She is guard to the Queen. If she has that baby it will ruin her life." He said. I think he wanted to hit me but guardians can't hit mori especially royal mori.

"You have no right to say anything about her choices or her life. Yes she is the queens guardian, but do you think Lissa wants her to give up the baby? They are like sisters! Lissa wants that baby. And it would ruin her life? The only time her life was ruined is when she spent it with you!" I said I was beyond pissed. I knew he was going to hit me. I could practically see the fight starting and I couldn't wait. Even though I was a mori, I wasn't above compelling him if he wasn't above hitting me.

"Adrian! Dimitri! Rose is awake! Common!" Christian shouted as he ran back in. He may not get along with Rose but he still cares for her. She is like his sister. I ran inside as fast as I could and when I got to Roses room I saw her. She was talking to Lissa and she was smiling about something. I didn't think, I just ran to her and kissed her. I kissed her for all I was worth and she kissed me back. I felt someone grab me then and I thought knew just who it was.

"What the hell?" I said spinning around to face...Abe. Oh crap.

"There are more important things at the moment than kissing my daughter Adrian. like finding out what the hell happened to her." He said giving me a look that made me go sit down, Dimitri just smiled smugly. He is such an ass.

"Rose, who hurt you?" Abe asked and it always surprised me when he used that gentle voice with her. He didn't use it often but he used it with her.

"I don't remember much of it honestly." She said her voice somewhat distant. "It was a man. I couldn't see him all that well but I know him from somewhere. I don't know where though." She said, she looked sad that she couldn't remember. "Now, what about my baby?" she asked the question I was terrified to know the answer too. What if our baby is hurt? What if it dies? Fear crept into my mind and I held my breath, waiting for someone to respond.

"The doctors are still running some tests, but they think that the baby is fine. It really is a miracle." Lissa said looking at Rose. Knowing Lissa, she already had the babies whole life planned out.

"Thank God." Rose said, closing her eyes. I think all of us but Dimitri were silently thanking God when Rose shot up. "Hey when do I get out of here? I don't want to stay in here for long." She said, looking around at us. I couldn't help but notice how her gaze lingered on mine longer than the others. Dimitri noticed too because his aura shot out, wrapping around me. Jealousy took over a huge portion of it.

"Well" the doctor said walking in. I didn't even know her name. "Your baby is healthy which, honestly surprises me. I am happy your baby is ok but the amount of damage you went the baby should be dead. I have no idea how it survived." the doctor said looking at Rose who I think was just happy to hear that our baby was ok. I could care less too at the moment because the babies health was more important than the how to me. 'Our baby' I though, loving the sound of that. I was pulled out of my own thoughts by the doctor's voice again. "You should be able to leave in a few hours, if everything continues to check out. You will be put on bed rest though and you will need to have someone close to take care of you."

"You can stay with me." I said. Honestly, I don't think I could let her out of my sight. Dimitri stood up and began to argue that she shouldn't and trying to talk her into coming home with him.

"Rose, I'm sorry for what I said, you know I am. But I love you! We're meant to be together! Come home and stay with me. I will take care of you." He pleaded.

"Dimitri, honestly I don't want to stay with you right now. You gave me a choice and I chose. I don't trust you with my baby and right now that means I don't trust you with me. I will stay with Adrian." She said in a firm voice. I wanted to get up and dance with joy. Dimitri just turned around and stormed out of the room.

An hour passed and Rose checked out just fine. Lissa and Christian walked back to my room with me and Rose and helped get Rose's stuff set up. When they left Rose looked at me. She was laying on my bed looking like an angel. I knew she wanted to tell me something.

"What is it Rose?" I asked her softly, brushing strands of hair out of her face.

"When I was unconscious, I watched my life from a distance. Everything that had ever happened and I realized that I love you so much Adrian. The moment your face came into view it was like the stars realigned themselves for us. I don't know how I missed it and I am so sorry for everything I did. I love you Adrian." she said and I thought my heart would burst.

"I love you too Rose." I told her, and I kissed her lips softly and I walked out of the room.