Chapter 16

Ralf POV

I hated what I was doing. I hated hurting Rose. We were never friends and honestly I didn't care for her. But I didn't want her to suffer like this, and I didn't want to be the one to do it. I did it for friendship though, for Jesse. Without him there was no one else who cared about me. I sighed to myself. The others had left today. It was my job to guard Rose and make sure she didn't find a way to break out. Sighing to myself I walked into the room where they kept her.

There had to be a way I could help her without getting myself or Jesse hurt. There had to be. I knew that after we had agreed to this, if we crossed them they would not hesitate to kill us. if we had rejected them they would have killed us. That was the problem that I had, but Jesse really wanted to hurt Rose and I still did not understand why. I thought to myself. I knew where all the cameras were in this building. They had not set any up near Rose because they believed she was trapped for good. All of the cameras were set up so we could see if someone discovered where we were, so they would have time to run. So I could help Rose as long as I didn't step in sight of the cameras.

I thought about the treatment they gave her. They only gave her enough food and water to survive, not enough to be a real threat if she got away. i walked into the kitchen and pulled out a sandwich and a glass of water. That should at least make her feel better, I thought to myself. I carried the food into Rose's room and sat down in the chair beside her. I undid the restrains on her hands. I had the key to them since they had to let her up to use the bathroom every now and then. When they left they gave me the keys to them. She looked at me curiously when I handed her the sandwich, but curiosity came after hunger and she ate the sandwich quickly.

"Why?" She asked when she was done. I handed her the water and she began to drink.

"I can't help you escape so I want to help you however I can. I hate what they are doing and wither or not we got along well, I don't think it is right for them to do this to you. Is there anything else I can do?" I asked her and her face lit up.

"The bracelet on my hand, the one Robert put on me, do you think you could find one that looked similar to it and replace it? If I have if I don't wear it, Adrian can find me." She explained. I smiled to myself because Robert had used a simple sturdy chain because he didn't want to waste his money on her and actual chains worked just as well as bracelets. It was sturdy, because he lasted through the burnings. I knew he had more of the same chain just in case that one got ruined, so I went quickly to get it, replacing Rose's chain with a new piece that Robert hadn't charmed.

"Thank you Ralf." She said on the edge of sleep, "I don't know how to thank you." And then she was out. I quickly cleaned up the evidence of the food I gave her and put the water glass in the sink. I restrained her hands again and walked out of her room and up into the room I stayed in. This place had 5 bedrooms and a kitchen. Rose's room and my room were downstairs along with an empty bedroom, the other guys stayed upstairs. I lay on my bed and drifted off to sleep.

RPOV

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, and it wasn't long till I felt the tug of a spirit dream. I turned, expecting to come face to face with Adrian, when I saw Elizabella. I looked at my daughter, her intelligent eyes, and her sweet face. I smiled at her.

"Hi sweetie" I said walking over to her, beyond thrilled to see my little girl. I have missed my daughter so much. And my son and my husband. I just need to be home.

And we need you home too, Mother.

A voice said quietly, like a whisper in my mind. The look that was on my daughters face told me who was talking to me. Somehow I had my suspicions that she would be like her father. Something about the way she is.

Where are you now? Who took you? My daughter continued to question me, never taking her eyes off of me. Have they harmed you? What do they plan to do to you?

Taking a deep breath I looked at my daughter in the eyes, "I don't know where I am at. And I only know Robert Doru but there is someone else I just can't identify who it is. It was someone at court though. And as for harming me...." I sighed. "It's a game to them. They burn me to watch me suffer, and then Robert heals me. Eventually they will kill me but Robert really wants me to suffer. I need you to promise me you will tell your father everything I have told you. And remember that I love you so much. I love you and your father and your brother."

Ozera gave you to them. He is the one who did this to you. I could taste the furry behind the words she sent to me.

"Christian wouldn't have done it for no reason. From what I have heard, they threatened Lissa. If it comes down to it, it's her life before mine. I would rather suffer than her be dead. And if my death takes care of the risk of her being harmed then I would rather be dead. Tell Lissa and Adrian and Abe to leave Christian alone. That I said he did the right thing." I pulled my daughter close to me one last time as I felt myself waking up. There were noises in the house, and they would want me up. "Remember what I said. I love you Elizabella ." I said

As the dream slipped I heard her voice in my head, I love you to, Mom.