chapter 16

I love the woods but damn these thorns keep poking me. I swear if one more stabs me im doing to climb a tree and jump.

Our flag is hidden around a bush. It may be a simple hiding spot but the thorns. The thorns will stop them. I know for damn sure they would stop me.

Bald head man forgot to tell us but we have 2 balloons on our back. If your balloons get popped your eliminated. Each person gets an airsoft gun to use for there weapon i guess. After waiting we here a siren go off.

The last challenge has begun.

"Ok guys split in groups. 2 people stay here to guard the flag. Do not let them hit your balloons." Everyone takes a min to get in a group of three. Me, Hannah and sky are of course together. "Ok guys lets go and win that wisdom stick."

Into the woods we go.

Me and Hannah are behind sky who is keeping a look out for the other team. Its pretty dark out so they could literally be any were. Knowing Trenton his dumbass self is probably up in a tree or something.

Sky puts her hand up and we stop. "What is it." She doesn't respond. "SKY." I whisper yell. "3'oclock." Does it look like i was in the military and know were the fuck 3'oclock is. Hannah sure does cause she looks to my right. 2 people are running at us full speed. Fuck

"RUNNN." Hannah says and we follow her as they are still chasing us.

Were a little but ahead of them so we take cover behind a thick tree. "Do you think there still coming." Hannah ask holding her airsoft gun close to her chest. "I have no clue. Ill go look." Sky grabs my arm and looks at me. "Be careful brooke its dangerous out there." We both look at each other before dieing of laughter.

"I don't see anyone." I yell back at Hannah and sky. I keep walking and still no sign. Its dark and cold out and i want to go inside. But this is the thrill i love.

Before I could walk any farther two guys jump from behind a tree. I slowly walk back to try and go back to Hannah and sky.

"If it isn't brooke Peterson her self." Yup that's my name. "I would say your guyses name but i don't know it or do i care." They both grab there airsoft guns and put there finger on the trigger. Looks like i hit a weak spot.

"Just to think the ravens captain the first one to be eliminated." Ok first of all I aint even got one balloon popped. Second just no.

They procced to walk closer that's when i hear something pop. One of the guyses balloons got popped. Hannah and sky are coming out shooting there airsoft guns. The guys are shooting there and another pop. Hannah lost a balloon.

Before you know it a whole battle is going. Shot after shot. Pop after pop.

We all stop shooting and the guys have no more balloons left. "What was that about me being the first one to go." They both roll there eyes and walk away back to the school since well they got eliminated.

"Dude ok I need one of these things. You know how many people i could shoot with this down the hall." Sky says jumping up and down. "Sky I will Glady get you one only if i can get one to." WE both clap. "and me." Hannah says. "Of course we cant have airsoft guns unless all of us have them."

After we get done laughing we continue to look for there flag.

It's been about 20 min and I've heard pop after pop after pop. So far we have only ran into 3 other people and we each only have one balloon left. Well in my case mine didn't get shot. I RAN AND FEEL IN A THORN BUSH.

The other team still hasn't found our flag since the competition is still going and we haven't found there's either.

Just as i was about to loose hope i see something in halfway up a tree.