chapter 23

The light rays slipping through the curtains were hitting Hyewon right in the face. She squeezed her eyes before turning around - letting her back face the window. When she turned around she felt Jeno's arm wrap around her waist. At first she was caught of guard by his actions but then she remembered: "You're dating him you idiot". "Dating" she thought to herself. "What defines dating?". " Is it like more than friends? But not total commitment?" She was brought back from her thoughts when she heard Jeno laughing. She looked up to see the boy smiling at her. "You look cute when you ponder" he smiled. Hyewon tried to hit him but he was too fast, catching her arm bringing the girl closer. He wrapped both his arms around the girl before resting his chin on her head. Hyewon tried to beak out of Jeno's grip but it was to no use. He was simply too strong. She didn't mind though as she nuzzled into his chest. She wanted stay like this forever, but unfortunately they had school.

As the pair slowly approached the school building, Hyewon felt herself getting more and more nervous with each step. This didn't go unnoticed by Jeno. When they were just outside the huge building he stopped and looked at the shorter girl. "Everything is going to be okay" he assured her. "If anything happens come to me immediately and i'll beat the shit out of them". Hyewon smiled at his comment but remained silent. She was taken aback when she felt his hand grasping her hand. Her heart started beating rapidly but she tried to keep cool. He gave her a reassuring nod before they walked hand in hand into the building.

As they walked Hyewon could feel the stares. Jeno didn't seem to mind though as he kept his head high whilst striding forward. Hyewon had a hard time keeping up with the taller boy, almost running after him. She was confused when she noticed him going past the classroom. "Uhm Jeno-" she started. She was cut of by the sound of Garam's laugh ringing through the air. Now she understood where Jeno was headed.

"Oh hi Jeno" Garam spoke. "Why are you with her?" she asked referring to Hyewon. Hyewon lowered her head at Garam's comment. In the corner of her eye she could see Jeno clench his fist. "Garam" Jeno spoke. "Don't speak about my girlfriend like that" he spat at her. Hyewon felt her heartbeat rise at the word. "Girlfriend?" she thought to herself. She looked up to see Garam's reaction. It's safe to say that Garam's jaw was on the floor. When she looked eyes with Hyewon her lips formed into a smirk "Or else?" she provoked him. "Or else i'll make your life a living hell" he answered coldly. He took Hyewon's hand dragging her away from Garam and her friends. Before they left, Hyewon turned around and flashed Garam a smile befor quickening her pace to keep up with the male.

a/n: short chapter!😬😬 i'be recently gotten some writing motivation so i'll try my best to finish this damn book