chapter 7

School went on as usual. Hyewon hung out with the dreamies and Ahyoung every weekend. She studied and to her surprise achieved good results. Time flew by and it was soon the end of November.

With the help of Renjun, Hyewon achieved a perfect score on her most recent math test. This was an accomplishment they were both very proud of.

And with Jeno, things haven't gotten any better. He was still mean and arrogant towards Hyewon and the others seems to have noticed it aswell. Even though he was acting like that, Hyewon got this feeling, very time Jeno entered the room Hyewon's breath hitched. When the two of them locked eyes her heart started beating super fast. Hyewon had told Ahyoung about this feeling. But she made Ahyoung promise to not tell anyone about it. Ahyoung just thought it was cute. "I think you like him" she said. Hyewon liking Jeno? Why would she even like him? After spending some thinking about it, maybe Ahyoung was right.

Hyewon couldn't stop thinking about what Ahyoung said. She was probably right but Hyewon didn't want to admit it. How could she have fallen for him? He was mean, arrogant and acted like a straight up douchebag towards her. But he was also caring, handsome and friendly. Not towards Hyewon but towards the dreamies and Ahyoung. Hyewon spent a lot of time thinking about the reason for all this? Did she do something to him? Was it the first time they met when Hyewon accidentally ran into him? If not what else could it be? All this thinking had given Hyewon a slight headache. "The earth calls for Hyewon" Ahyoung said waving her hand infront of Hyewon's face. They all stared worriedly at Hyewon as she came back to reality. "Hyewon are you okay? You keep zoning out" Ahyoung looked at her. Everyone around the table had their eyes on Hyewon, patiently waiting for an answer.
"Yeah I'm totally fine" Hyewon lied. She wasn't fine. Her head was spinning and she felt like throwing up. "But you've zoned-out all day long" Chenle insisted. Jeno searched for Hyewon's eyes but she lowering her head avoiding it.

"Is there something bothering you?" Ahyoung asked looking over at Jeno. Hyewon didn't know what to say. She felt like yelling "YES THERES SOMETHING BOTHERING ME.". But instead she just sat there quiet with her head lowered. She could feel the others staring at her. "Gosh this is embarrassing" she thought to herself. Next to her she could hear Jaemin whispering something to Ahyoung and Ahyoung mumbling something back. That's when she felt Ahyoung's hand on her back. She could feel the warmth flowing from Ahyoung's hand onto her back and up her spine. Hyewon couldn't help but feel tears forming in her eyes. She didn't want the others to see her crying so she quickly stood up. Making everyone at the table look up at her sudden movement. Hyewon still had her head lowered. She felt as if she couldn't breath and she felt the panic come crawling. She had to leave, now. Before she left she met Jeno's eyes, they were big and full of worry. When they locked eyes he could see the tears in her eyes. Hyewon hurriedly broke the eye contact and walked away from the table. She covered her face with her hands as she felt the tears rolling down her cheeks. Ahyoung and the others could see Hyewon run the last bit out of the cafeteria before disappearing. Ahyoung immediately shot Jeno a glare. He didn't look at her and kept his gaze at the direction Hyewon went.

Hyewon rushed to the bathrooms, tears rolling down her cheeks. She curled up in one of the stalls. The tears just kept coming. She rested her head on her knees as she gently patted a napkin on her red cheeks.

The following day Hyewon didn't come to school.
At lunch Ahyoung asked Chenle where Hyewon was and to her disappointment, he only shook his head."She's not here" he informed. "She isn't responding to my texts either"

Ahyoung gently massaged her templets as she rested her elbows on the table. Jeno was awfully quiet this day. He didn't say anything and kept his head down during the entire day.

Hyewon didn't join them to hang out with them during the weekend. Instead she was home thinking, thinking about what happened the other day, thinking about Jeno, thinking about Ahyoung. The sound of her phone buzzing brought her back to reality. It was another text from Ahyoung.

Ahyoung-unnie🐥

Hyewon where are you??
Are you okay?
Please answer me.
Are you coming to hang it with us tomorrow?
Hyewon why aren't you answering?
Please you're scaring me.

Hyewon

I'm fine.
Don't worry.

Hyewon placed the phone back on the table and put the covers over her head.