chapter 6

The rest of the week flew by and the weekend came quick.

The situation with Jeno just got worse and Hyewon felt uneasy in his presence. He didn't stop picking on her, calling her names and purposely walking into her making her fall. When the others were around he did it in more discreet ways. He gave Hyewon weird looks, rolled his eyes at her and yawned when she was talking. This affected Hyewon very much. She wasn't very confident in herself and what Jeno was doing made her feel like a total freak.

After their last period Hyewon went to her locker to get some books. She was going to stay in the library to finish her homework before heading home. Tomorrow she was going to hang out with Ahyoung and dream. She was very excited to hang out with them. Since she had to change schools so often because of her dads work she never got close to anyone.

The library was quiet compared to the halls. It made Hyewon feel some sort of relief. She took a seat and quickly got to work. When studying, she lost track of time and almost four hours passed. Hyewon looked at the clock 19:05 (7:05 pm). It was already starting to become dark outside. Hyewon walked to her locker and put her books back. She was confident that she was the only one left at school. Not a single person in sight and she was pretty sure you would have heard a needle drop. She felt free knowing she was the only one left in the building. Or so she thought. That's when she heard footsteps. She panicked and hid inside her locker. In the tiny gaps she saw a tall male walking past her. He was on the phone with someone. Hyewon couldn't hear what he was saying but she recognized the voice.

"What did he do at school so late?" Hyewon asked herself. "Maybe he just came back from practice". After all Jeno was the captain of the soccer team. So it wasn't so surprising that he had to stay behind after practice. That's when it hit Hyewon, the soccer team didn't have practice on Fridays.

On the way home Hyewon pondered over why Jeno was at school so late. Maybe he was searching for something, or someone. Hyewon quickly pushed the thought out of her head.

The following day Hyewon met Ahyoung at the train station. She didn't know where Ahyoung was taking her but she still felt safe with Ahyoung. After a 10 minute walk they arrived at a small but nice apartment complex. Ahyoung went in first and Hyewon came right behind. They went up two stairs before Ahyoung took out a key and unlocked one of the three doors.

Inside the apartment Hyewon could hear familiar voices and laughs. Ahyoung looked at Hyewon signaling for her to take of her jacket. Ahyoung then wwent into the apartment as Hyewon untied her shoes. When she was done she went deeper into the apartment. Inside she found Ahyoung and the dream members intensely watching Jeno and Jaemin fighting off a big monster on the tv. Haechan was so focused that he jumped when he noticed that Hyewon was sitting next to him.

When Jeno and Jaemin defeated the monster Jeno looked back and when he noticed Hyewon he immediately looked at Jaemin. Jaemin shot him a glare and stood up. Hyewon couldn't help but wonder "Why was he like that?". She heard Jeno sigh as the couch was full off people. She looked at him and plastered a smile. "You can take my seat if you want?" He met her gaze. "I was going to get a cup of water" Hyewon said. Jeno broke the eye contact as Hyewon stood up and walked to the kitchen. Astonished Jeno sat down on the couch between Haechan and Ahyoung.

"Where do you have the cups?" Hyewon asked from the kitchen. "They're in the cupboard next to the stove" Ahyoung answered. Hyewon came back with a glass of water. She put it down on the coffee table and sat down on the floor.

"Who's apartment is this?" Hyewon asked. "It's Mark's" Haechan told her. Renjun noticed the confused look on Hyewon's face.  "He used to go to our school but he graduated earlier this year. Now he goes to college in Canada" Renjun said. 
Hyewon smiled at Renjun and nodded.
The rest of the evening they played games and just had a good time. At 11 pm Hyewon was planing on leaving to go home. Ahyoung was going to sleep over at Jaemin's place. Hyewon was the first one to leave. She hugged everyone goodbye (except Jeno who stood in the back and just watched her). She smiled and left. She could finally breath. When Jeno was around she couldn't breath normally and her heart was beating faster. What was this feeling?

 What was this feeling?