Im on a boat

Egil's notes: Sea Gazer actually had a pretty large gap in her journal at this point. My guess would be the 'oh shit' moment of having the demons start closing in. ...and the betrayals from the human side too.

Historical summary:

Sea Gazer first attempted to get ships to operate independently. Twelve ships went out with summoners. Six returned. Only five actually secured leviathans.

One of those went rogue, attempting to wipe out Bastillian with the abomination class leviathan's insanity glow.

This nearly crippled the city, devastating its population. The crew actually killed that summoner, which in turn killed the leviathan because the imprints during that period basically destroyed the minds of the affected demons.

Another note I'd like to add: Im not actually that surprised by this betrayal. Its sort of one of those "You can't make this shit up" moments, that took me a while to figure out. The truth is, the vast majority of people seeking information, especially around summoning, have this big fantasy in their head about how summoning is likely to play out.

Once they realize a lot of it involves negotiations, brawling, and the occasional trip into a cesspit pit for summon effigies, they tend to lose their enthusiasm rather quickly. Once this happens, one of two things typically follow: 1. They give up, which generally means teaching them was a waste of time. 2. They turn on you thinking they 'had everything figured out and that last piece of the puzzle is suddenly their ticket to greatness.' ...it never is.

The number of choices available to someone are nigh infinite at any given moment... but... there's only a few paths with outcomes you'd actually want.

...

Egil was suddenly interrupted from his thoughts by the door slamming open to his cabin.

Egil's hand snaked its way to his sword he slipped between the mattress and the bed frame. He opened his third eye. The world was bad,to its muted colors. The aura was female. The ambient energy streams reflected a puffy dress. This rules out Aziza, Motoko... really, all the chicks on his team.

Leoni slammed another pitcher of that damned tree of knowledge drink on his night stand. "Drink!" She commanded.

Egil's fingers slipped away from his sword handle. Undoubtedly the demonologist saw him reach for it. He sat up. "What time is it?"

"Time for you to drink. ...and get breakfast." Leoni was out the door as soon as she came in.

Egil slid his boots on. The shin guards... nah. Should I bring the blades? Eh, if she wanted a fight it would have happened by now. Guns... still empty.

That weird hooked knife from the fae. I'll take that. Not to defend myself, but to study it.

Fuck! Waking up was a chore! Egil wanted to go back to sleep. He snatched up the pitcher, ignoring the cup, and took sips from it. Right now, it tasted like some strange mix between cognac and unsweetened coffee.

A demon showed up in the doorway. A succubus...? Not Aziza. "We should wash the clothes you had on last night."

Shit... more effort.

When Egil finally did make his way out in his new clothes, the succubus... the was more light in the hallway. She had blonde hair, and green eyes.

She's gonna be rummaging through your shit. A voice in his head cautioned him. Yeah, but I either need to wear all that stuff all day... or... he paused. At least keep the mask on you. ...fuck...

He went back in, snatching up the mask, hooking on his new pants.

Then there's the fae's swo- Just head to breakfast. If I get robbed, this will be a heated discussion for later.