The jinn

Egil leaned back in his chair...

"We have the intel element down... where ever she went. We need a spirit cartographer. Someone who can track troop movements."

"Hmmm..." The summoner demon responded thoughtfully. "Maybe in the spanish regions..."

A sudden gust of wind erupted, as the gargoyle leaped up from the bottom floor, into a perch on the balcony. It looked so natural there, it was uncanny.

جن‎

The symbol flashed across his third eye. Then "jinn."

"Wait... so that symbol means 'jinn?'" The man asked with a raised eyebrow. The gargoyle nodded. He had heard of these before... desert region... rules were slightly different, but they still counted as demons...

Did the gargoyle learn enough to pick up on words they were saying, or did he figure out their intent over the link?

"Know anything about jinn?" Egil directed the question at the english speaking demon.

"Mostly that they come from the desert lands with invisible angels, a little east of the Mediterranean. Actually..." Logan seemed to look up in thought. "...a lot of modern summoning approaches actually originated there. Something about a major lay line intersection."

That still wasnt much to go on. The gargoyle, seemingly insisting on a particular topic, flashed an image... a memory?

A creature who wore a mask of dead wood, and commanded fire like an extension of itself.

The memory continued, with the gargoyle leaping from what looked like a gothic monastery. In the darkness of the night, there was a fire. It pierced through the layer of black. Wings and fire, and emotion... so much... whoa!!

"Stop! Stop!" Egil waved. "Special relationships arent always good for what Im attempting to do. If you're making a pitch for this specific entity, I need to know you'll both have your head in the game."

The gargoyle resumed his story, showing them in the desert night. Highlighted around them were the glowing outlines of people... shown across miles...

Then following an impossibly long path through the deserts, into a realm of multi-armed entities, laden in gold and human heads... the jinn learned to turn its fire into additional appendages... further along the path... it gained stones for which to focus its flames, engraved with symbols that were neither from France or the deserts... and the gargoyle, learned how to move quickly without its wings slowing it down... a sort of fighting style?

...the demonic pair had apparently been through a lot. This was the first time he'd actually seen inter cultural exchanges amongst demons. This wasnt just a pairing up, they actually functioned better together. ...until a european wanderer sealed the jinn a container, bringing him back with him...

This demon didnt respond to Egil's summoning ritual, due to his desire for change and interesting missions... he was hoping for help.

Egil reached out to all the demons on the network. "We gotta do a jailbreak."