Hiding

Egil and his team ran through the dark alleyway. The sounds of galloping hooves made their way through the streets nearby.

What now?

Another image flashed in front of his third eye. A crowd of onlookers watched as a dapper man with glowing golden hair, only somewhat covered by a fedora, carried a hand full of golden shackles by their chains.

Around him, human women, children, and men, half asleep, out to see what the commotion was about, and not realizing what they were getting themselves into.

"Are those shackles?" Leonie asked over the demon link.

...was the imp sharing the image with her? Or was she eves dropping on Egil's network? "Yes."

The fae male threw the shackles to the ground. "We have come to liberate you from your oppressors!"

Leonie gave a curious 'hmmm.' "My demons are reporting this something similar is happening in at least five other locations in the city. How did they get past the cannons?"

"I think the mage guild fucked up on this one. Fae can teleport, but I'm not really sure what the rules are for that. One getting through, might be all it takes."

As Egil and his team proceeded quietly, the sounds of fighting continued. The end of the alley way was just a few feet ahead.

"Is it normal for them to promote liberation while demanding people shackle themselves?"

"...yes." He responded flatly.

"Why do you think the fae hunters weren't at the museum?"

"Fae aren't usually very subtle. My guess would be the hunters focused on sweeping the city." End of the alleyway. The streets were clear on this side. Probably too pre-occupied with the fae. He looked back. The alleyway was empty.

"Your cross-bearing friend appears to be losing interest in the fae, and is heading towards the alleyway."

Crap! It was too dangerous for the wolves to do a pickup here. They need to lose their tail. Ok... Egil took a deep breath, and walked into the open. As he walked quickly across the cobblestone street, he pointed at the roof tops.

Motoko and her cloaked friend took to jump, and started running up the side of the building. The swordsman took a noticeably different approach. He pulled back his sleeves, from which emerged not arms, but a mass of black feathers.

Egil sent an image to Motoko of the scene before him, and a question mark.

"Tengu." Motoko responded.

Admittedly, he wasn't familiar with this type of demon. The swords...-bird...? dropped to a kneeling position, before launching itself into the air, sending off a gust of wind strong enough to blow Egil's hood back. Despite it all, the team moved very silently, which was a godsend.

"HEATH-AN!"

Egil cringed at the proclamation. He didn't need to look back. He didn't need some demon's vision to know what that yell meant. Fuck it. He bolted down an alleyway. Egil considered his options. No bullets. That left the swords, which had their limits.

Need to be smart about this- He stiffened, seeing a gathering crowd down one of the paths available to him. Ok. Let's do this.

Egil took off his mask, hooked it on his belt; while also turning his cloak inside out. There, it went from black to a dark blue. ...not sure how effective that would be. Still though, he wasn't interested in ditching a fire-repellant cloak just yet.

Out into one of the town squares, a crowd had gathered. Egil still felt self conscious, due to being taller than most people, but the other half of this act was 'playing the part,' not just looking it. He had to focus on the same thing as the crowd, which wasn't hard to do when he saw the orator.