Pillars

Egil looked back at the angel. Its distinctly feminine form, still as immaculately white as before, with the red simple geometric shapes adorning its surface. It still held its two swords. It seemed ominous, yet at the same time, seemed to dangle like a lifeless marionette in the sky. A play thing for a higher power.

Just need to reach the finish line.

Egil ordered the wolves to the side of a nearby building, blocking the view of the monster in the sky. He thought back to the sluagh's simulation of the angel's attack. ...and the sheer number of times he died.

They needed to get to Leoni's meeting place alive. He really didn't like that the summoner required 'payment' for an escape from a disaster of her own making- One thing at a time.

Ok, until we have something to react to, we'll want to just do speed. He leaned flush with Kage's back. "Go!"

The tibicenas bounded through the streets. Some people ran into buildings, others noticeably came out to watch the angel. Some still dropped to their knees in prayer.

Deep horns rang out with such ferocity Egil's vision shook and his sinuses tingled. Damnit! He covered his ears. He was used to loud noises, but this was something else. His vision was shaking! The noise almost seemed to override his other senses.

Then something collided with his head hard enough to bounce away. It would have hurt like hell, but the noise... dear god! The noise!

He forced his eyes open, to see Kage rubbing her head against the ground, eventually, just going into a full sit and howling at the sky. Egil was on the ground.

Fuck! Ok, something's happening. Leadership! Egil sent a message telling everyone to get cover. He then struggled to his feet, the coldness washing over him yet. Walking over the ailing beast, he hands now removed from his own head he went to cover the ears of his wolf. The monster snapped at him. He could only barely make it out. She could easily kill him in one bite.

He locked eyes with a dead stare. Kage glared at him briefly, almost looking like a sketch of an animal. Eventually, she closed her eyes and shake her head again. Egil took his hands and pressed the wolve's ears over their openings. The wolf flattened against the ground, and Egil pushed down on her ears.

He slowed his breathing. Focusing on the motion rather than his own shaking skull. She calmed down with him.

The world seemed to melt away. It wasn't early as bad as the attempted exorcism.

Breath.

Breath.

Breath.

...quiet...

The sudden absence of sound felt like the rug had been pulled out from under him. Then, like getting slapped by a warm mop, the tibicena's tongue collided with his head. "Aaaahhhh!!!!"

The mask took the brunt of the residue left behind, but Egil immediately took to wiping his head with the fire cloak. A wave of humidity wafted over him, as a gaping maw nearly half his size hung open with an even longer tongue.

Egil gave her a reassuring pat on the head, while getting up.

...shit...

He's not directly imprinted on Motoko's friends. They probably didn't get the message.

He looked around. Bystanders were slowly getting up. These people need to be getting away!

"HEY!!!" He yelled. Walking towards the people. They looked at him. "You need to run!"

"You're a demon!" An older pudgy man responded.

Fuck. The mask. Egil tore it off. "Im human!"

"What the hell?" One of the men seemed to wince at the sight of him. "No you're not."