Interloper

It would take a while for Egil to make sense of what he just heard about demons and their history. Are they actually a younger race than humans? That's really interest.

Unfortunately, time was something they just ran out of.

Motoko communicated an image of a spider's web over the link, followed by a cursory outline of the library's entrance hall. He and Aziza hurried over to the area.

"Jesus Christ!" Egil exclaimed. The 'spider's web' image was meant to be interpreted very literally. The ropes from her weapon existed everywhere... wrapped around pillars and the occasional statue. Their sheer number suggested overkill.

The phase walker took on the appearance of a giant spider, whose long legs dangled on either side of the newly captured intruder. From the build, it looked male. Blonde. Upside down. Legs splayed outwards. Arms in unnatural angles behind him. There were also two ropes stacked over his eyes. Motoko, you kink demon.

"Egil?"

Egil's breath caught in his throat. He knew that voice. "Look for other trespassers!" He sent over the demon link. He also redirected all clockworks to observe the grounds.

Motoko and Aziza, you two stay here.

"...Lindir." There was no point in dancing around the topic; Lindir was smart enough to know he figured it out. However, if Anya could 180 and join Jack, then Lindir would be even more of a liability.

Lindir was a more classic case of the 'summoner personality.' He'll make choices while being completely obvious to the possibility that they might trigger undesirable ripples. Anya didn't even suffer from that.

"This bitch is crazy! Let me down!"

Motoko might not know English, but she gleaned enough, and gave a slight tug on the rope, leading to a loud popping noise from Lindir's bones. The elf screamed and convulsed wildly.

He'll survive the night, but Egil did... not... trust him.

"Why!?" He yelled.

Egil switched over to 'cold bastard' mode. He didn't trust this guy. "Where's your harem?"

"My what?"

"Your incubi."

"I have a wife you know."

You idiot. You never reveal the existence of family to a fugitive captor.

Additionally, I thought he only batted for one team. "I asked about the incubi. Where are they?"

"I told them to hold back. I wasn't sure what to expect here." The elf struggled.

Demons, keep looking! "How did you figure out I was alive?"

The elf now struggled more, realizing this meeting wasn't going to involve 'shooting the shit.'

"The..." He started through gritted teeth. "...news from the market. Everyone said it was propaganda, but I knew your body was never found. It wasnt hard to put two and two together. Im surprised not more people have."

"Who else knows about this library?"

"Everyone will know... sooner or later." He said through his struggles. Reading his tone, that wasn't a taunt, that was intended to be 'stating the obvious.'

"That's not what I asked." Egil made another plucking motion; while queuing a follow-up in his mind.

Motoko responded in kind. Another pop. Another shriek.

The elf gasped. "Ok! Ok! My incubi know. That's it!"

"Why did you say everyone will know?"

"Jack! He's burning each of the libraries to the ground. I assume you'd be using one. Since you didn't react to the burnings in the north, I decided to check out the south. Eventually, he's going to come for this one."