𝟎𝟏. 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭

📍fort lauderdale

(yahari's pov)
○ my mom always told me to set my mind on a goal and always chase it. i was doing exactly that. i've decided to move all the way to korea just to join their new dance group. they need new recruits because of the tournament that is coming up in a few months. i knew being a foreigner there, will be a challenge for me that includes trying to fit in , learn the language,and not subjecting myself to any bad thing.

i'm so grateful to have a mom and a little sister who supports me in my interests. they are both coming along with me on this journey. my mom booked our flights to korea and we are now on our way to the airport.

📍at the local airport

i gave the nice receptionist our booking number and she printed out our tickets. we all thanked her and took a seat at our appointed section.

> time skips >

we all landed in korea and had a safe flight here (thank god). our designated driver finally arrived at the airport and as he saw us, he was a bit surprised because of our appearance but he was very friendly and welcomed us warmly.

"hello, welcome to south korea!," he said in a enthusiastic tone with a big smile on his face.
we both thanked him.

"let me take your bags," he smiled and grabbed our bags and loaded them up in the car.

(in the car)
the driver was driving us to our apartment.

"we're here! how do you feel hari (ur nickname)?," mom asked me.

"i'm super excited, i can't believe we're actually here," i covered my mouth in shock letting this fantasy sink in.

"it's beautiful here!," my little 9 year old sister said as she was fascinated by the attractions here.

i was so fascinated about coming to south korea, because of the aesthetic and good bbq. i heard that the dance company here "i star" are recruiting new dancers and i happily enrolled to it and they saw my virtual performance and immediately fell in love with me. ok not to toot my own horn but i actually SERVED & ATE that performance up. they immediately contacted me and flew me out here and rented a apartment for me and my mom to stay at.

in person auditions start in a few days and our family just wanted to explore the wonderful world of seoul.

📍your apartment

we opened the door to our new apartment and we were utterly shocked. the apartment was super spacious and i could tell that it was brand new because of the aroma.

"no way!," i smiled and stormed in to view the whole place. my sister tagged along happily.

the floor was a white polished marble color and there were already furniture place in so we didn't have to buy any. Everything was in place, but all we had to do was buy food which is amazing.

"mom, this is not real," i said to her shocked.

" it's all a dream come true," she kissed my forehead.

📍recruitment day

after touring the beautiful city of seoul, the time has come for the in person auditions. i was super nervous as my palms were sweating like hell. i walked in the place and checked in and the nice lady guided me to the studio dance practice room.

when i walked into the room, all eyes were on me, i've figured i would capture everyone's attention because of my appearance which was different than everyone standing in the room. i mean, they might find it odd that a black girl is auditioning for a south korea's dance group but i didn't know why...i'm the same like everyone else. on the page, it said that all races were welcome and i most definitely signed up right away. but now, i felt super awkward at everyone's gaze.