Challenging Start.

Jason Gideon. Jason Fucking Gideon. Jason Mother Fucking Gideon. He stood in his office with a perplexed look in his eyes while resting his chin on his hand, glancing at a board of their latest evidence, not that there was any recent evidence. Nothing had been heard about Rowan Oak or Tara Barnett, despite her disappearance over thirty years prior. However, his puzzling and thoughts were disrupted when his door was knocked and pushed open to show the arrival of someone new. Aaron Hotchner. 'Jason, I wanted to talk to you about the paperwork on my desk. Did you request a new team member?' He asked curiously, not waiting for Gideon to even look at him.

Aside from a slow nod, Hotch got no other response, and he sighed out. 'They have been asking us to make budget cuts. You can't just enlist a new worker without talking to me first,' he complained while firmly grasping a sheet of paper in his hand.

'They are always trying to make cuts. But that didn't stop them bringing Prentiss to us,' Gideon replied soothingly.

'Her removal was for improper treatments and behaviours in an interrogation as well as delinquent behaviour while working. We do not need a child on the team. A child with anger issues too,' Hotch replied sternly. 'I have enough going on, Jack's not feeling well,' he added tiredly.

'She worked with the counterterrorism department, if they trusted her enough to work there in the first place, then she is good enough for us. And we need to lighten up. I heard that she can find the bright side of anything, and we can both agree that this team is in need of that,' Gideon remarked while making a quick note on the board he was still studying.

Knowing that the transfer was already approved, Hotch couldn't do anything to change the course for the team. 'Fine, but you have to do your own paperwork this week. I have enough to do. And you are in charge of training her up to work according to the team's standards,' Hotch added in defeat.

Seemingly being struck by a moment of genius, Gideon narrowed his eyes at the board and stuck a hand out at Hotch, telling him to leave while he began making furious notes in a book propped on the corner of the desk. Giving in yet again, Hotch backed out and he knew that when she walked through the doors, it would be up to him to give her guidance.

At the end of a long, tiring day, the team were heading out. Their plans were already brewing for what they could get up to after work the following day when Hotch walked down and found the only unused desk on the floor. Gideon stood in his office and worked without thinking, it was up to Hotch to clear the desk that had become a dumping site for agents throughout the office. His evening would be spent cleaning a desk he would never use for himself.

The following day, Hotch arrived early again after changing and feeding Jack so that Haley could get a few more moments of peace before she had to get ready for the day. Sat in his office, buried in his file, a faint set of sour knocks echoed against his door. Glancing out, he noticed that there wasn't another soul in the office, nor were there any signs of coats or bags at any of their desks. 'Come in,' he darkly rumbled, anticipating Strauss.

As the door opened, he watched curiously as a younger woman walked in, her hair was bleached and dyed silver as it brushed just past her shoulders, her eyes shone dark brown and her face was pale with faint freckles splattered over it. Hotch noticed that the woman seemed paler than he had ever met before, but her pink lips were turned up in a smile as she met his eye. Dressed formally with a gun and badge on her hip, he knew she was FBI. Even though her top sat a little low for what he felt was preferable for field work.

Standing, Hotch extended his hand for her to shake. 'Aaron Hotchner, I'm the unit chief for the BAU. How may I help you?' He asked as he sat, pushing his tie against his body to prevent it getting caught on the table.