Chapter 43

A/N: I'm sorry the update is a little late than I promised. I thought this chapter won't be that long because I only had few points to write in it. But boy was I wrong. I'm a clown. Hope you enjoy. <3

Jin Ling missed his friends already. He couldn't believe how attached he had gotten to them. He was completely all right not having a single friend before. So, he couldn't fathom what had happened what had changed. To be honest, he kind of missed Wei Wu Xian too. He did sort of enjoyed the moments he spent with Wu Xian back when he thought he was Mo Xuan Yu. And he had found out now that he felt somewhat the same despite knowing who he was. And his uncle Jiang...

Jin Ling shoved that thought away. He so badly wanted to go and make up with his uncle Jiang. But somehow, he couldn't get himself to. Uncle Jiang was someone who masked his emotions always trying his best to put up a tough front. It somehow made it even harder for Jin Ling to open up to him.

His thoughts conjured another face. Lan Si Zhui. He felt so sorry for his friend. He had no idea how Si Zhui would be feeling after hearing Mei Mei's words. When he remembered how Si Zhui looked after hearing those words, Jin Ling got a huge urge to squeeze the life out of the maiden who was currently giggling with Jin Chan for something stupid. Well, Jin Ling had no idea what they were talking about. But whatever came out of Jin Chan's mouth cannot be anything intelligent.

He felt like the only reason both of them were alive right now is because of Qi Xue. Qi Xue sure had been fed up with being the mediator for all the fights broke in between him and Jin Chan on their way to Carp Tower. Jin Ling really wanted to help her climb the steps. Her head was down and she looked like she had no energy to the point Jin Ling feared she would end up falling down. But what if she also hated being helped like Mei Mei. Jin Ling knew she was not like that. But they were good friends after all. And he also knew Jin Chan would not appreciate him getting any closer to his sister.

They were almost at the top of the great stairs of Carp Tower when Fairy started growling out of nowhere. Both Jin Ling and Qi Xue turned to see what's wrong. Fairy was looking at the top of the stare with his teeth bare igniting fear in anyone who would dare look at him.

"Fairy, if you are growling at that idiot," Jin Ling pointed at Jin Chan planning to tell Fairy it's not really necessary even though he would really have enjoyed Fairy jumping on his nemesis when he finally saw who Fairy was actually growling at. It was Jin Chan's old man coming towards him like he owns the Carp Tower.

"I send you off to solve a problem and you take forever to do it." Master Jin said scolding his own children.

"Father, I think what matter is, us finishing the task correctly. Now how quickly it's done." Jin Chan talked back in a very authoritative manner even surprising Jin Ling. He didn't expect Jin Chan to stand up to his father at all.

"And you are merely incapable of distancing yourself with rubbish." Master Jin continued like he didn't hear his son crinkling his face at the sight of Jin Ling. "You two should not associate, nor seeing associating a murderer like that."

Everyone stopped in their track, very surprised by his words. Even Jin Chan had expected that he would be the one to deliver the news to his father. He clearly did not expect his father to know what had happened. Jin Ling's heart also sank to the bottom of his stomach, and Qi Xue's pitiful glance did not help at all.

"Come here immediately. Do not associate with this rubbish ever again." He ordered his children earning another growl from Fairy making Jin Ling immediately grab his collar in fear he would attack master Jin. As much as he liked it, if master Jin knew that he had accidentally killed someone, it's definitely not going to work on it's favour when everyone got to know that master Jin was bitten by his dog.