Chapter 39 (Part I)

"Ah Lan Si Zhui, don't you want to go and end this crisis as well. As the youth, it is our responsibility to..."

"Jing Yi, Hanguang Jun and Zewu Jun might need us here."

"Hanguang Jun and Zewu Jun did not sit inside the library going through books when the Wen sect attacked. They went out there and fought." Jin Ling added. "Now, as the youth, it is our responsibility to save our lands from the current crisis."

"Yes, Si Zhui, we need to stand up and go forward to fight. Sitting here is not going to do us any good."

"Okay," Si Zhui said calmly. "Can either of you tell me what we are going to fight and how exactly we are going to fight it?" To the blank faces of the two he added. "See. It's a waste if we just go out there without a specific goal. It is better if we can locate a target first. So, let's search through more books. I'm positive we would come across something within two or three days."

"Two or three days in the library?" Jing Yi whined. "Si Zhui, you can't be serious."

"So, this is the real reason, isn't it?" Si Zhui asked not managing to mask the knowing smile that spread across his lips. "You are trying to find a way to skip doing research."

"Lan Si Zhui, don't say that." Jin Ling whose ego was a bit hurt spoke up. "We could really be wasting our time. I don't want that Jin Chan to get ahead of this hunt just because we had to stay behind for you were so adamant about sitting in the library doing nothing."

"But Young master Jin, without having any clue, we would still be wasting time during the hunt. And it might also turn out to be very dangerous if we are seriously ill-informed about our enemy. Hanguang Jun and senior Wei will be back in a few days and if we stayed, we can learn about what they found out as well."

"But Si Zhui xiong, we can also do the research on the field." Jing Yi begged. "Who knows, we might be able to find more important things out there than in those boring crusty musty books in the library."

"And who knows, Hanguang Jun and Wei Wu Xian might not even be able to find anything important." Jin Ling said. Seeing Jing Yi's expression and not wanting to lose the one person willing to go with him he added, "Well, I'm just saying that there is a chance. Who knows whether the place they went to had anything to offer?"

Seeing how willing his friends are to go on a night-hunt (or how unwilling they are to spend any more time reading) he sighed. "Okay, I guess even though we weren't present, the other disciples will be able to carry on the library research without any problem. And I'm sure if senior Wei and Hanguang Jun found something important, they will find a way to send us a message. I guess it will be better if some of us roam out there trying to find out things while the others refer to the records. Okay, Jin Xiong, since you are also looking forward to get ahead of young master Jin, let's go and get permission from Zewu Jun right away so we can leave as soon as we are ready."

Jin Ling was so thankful that Si Zhui came around. He was so excited and lead the other two to find Zewu Jun walking maybe a little faster than it is approved in Cloud Recesses. Zewu Jun was having a meeting with some outer disciples and Jin Ling bounced on his heels until they left because he couldn't wait to get permission. His whole body was yearning to be out there.

"Young master Jin, Si Zhui, Jing Yi, please come in. I'm sorry to keep you waiting even though I could not help but notice how impatient young master Jin was." Xi Chen said with a cheeky smile.

"Yes Zewu Jun, it is an urgent matter." Jin Ling started speaking even before he took his seat. "We want to get your permission to go night-hunting. And we want to leave without delay."

"I expected young master Jin to do so, as I heard young master Jin planned to go on night-hunting instead of returning to the Carp Tower. However, I did not expect young master Jin would ask Lan disciples to join the hunting party."