Chapter 1

Written By KrJohnson7

Copyright 2016

All Rights Reserved

"When can you start Serria?" The woman asked very nervous like.

"Uh, well I'll have to give my current employer at least a two weeks notice and after that-" I was cut off from the woman right away.

"Oh no, it would have to be sooner than two weeks. Mr. Knuls can not wait longer than that, he will need a secretary right away. You have all the credentials he is looking for and you will be very well compensated for any inconvenience you will endure for starting next week at the latest."

"Oh, well, ok then, I'll start next week. Thank you very much for this opportunity, I know I will not let you down." I said standing up and shook her nervous limp hand.

Wow! No way did I get this job on the first interview. I was sure I would have at least had to wait to go through a second one, with how many people probably applied. They must have been desperate to have somebody that quick to start, but why? That was a question in my mind walking out to the parking lot, all excited.

"I am going to work for a higher paying position and no longer can work for you Mrs. Jones. I'm sorry but its been a dream of mine to work for a big company and they want me right away. I can only give you one week notice because of that. Please don't be upset, I'll have everyone's accounts set up for who ever you hire next." I explained, looking like a puppy dog sitty on her desk with big wide eyes staring at her.

I didn't want her mad at me. She was a great woman, who taught me a lot and I didn't want her to think I was just ditching her for more money. I just wanted to be a more important secretary, with a bigger work load, besides sitting by a phone and answering it all day.

I didn't like the customers that cursed at me on a daily basis, about how they were not getting treated well by their company. I was a secretary taking the calls, not one of there adjusters. They didn't know that, but I still got those calls every day being her secretary.

She wasn't as mad as I thought she would have been. She even congratulated me and set a week ahead for my departure from the company. I was so happy to be able to get this new position, I had to go out and celebrate.

I winded up at the Blue Piano for some drinks and good music. It was a little bar out on the towns boulevard, that served dinner while you listen to the latest musician they had hired for the night play the piano. The drinks were a little expensive. I never could afford to go before, but now that I'll be making double the pay, it was time I treated myself to some fancy drinks.