【29】Bad Hair Day

〖Third Person P.o.v〗

"Hey, dude!" Stan shouted out to Kyle.

"Oh, hey Stan!" He waved at him. Stan ran out to Kyle, and the two of them started to walk in the direction of their houses, which was right next to each other.

"Kyle I have to tell you something," Stan said.

"Yeah?"

"I like (Y/n)."

"Well duh— dude, we all like (Y/n), she's our fucking friend—"

"Not like that Kyle, I like-like her." Stan emphasized. Kyle didn't even bother to look at his face when he said this because, a part of him already knew that, but in his heart he wanted to deny it. Of all things, he didn't want Stan, or anyone else for that matter to date (Y/n). If someone did, he wouldn't be able to be with her on his own.

"Dude, you're trippin, you felt that way about Wendy, and look how you ended up. Even if you do somehow end up with (Y/n), you'll just hurt her. You've got that emotional baggage with Wendy..."

"Dude, I don't fucking like Wendy, you know that! I hate her—"

"You hate her, but it doesn't change the fact you're still thinking of her. She definitely doesn't talk about you as much as you do about her. You've got some baggage dude, and you should get that shit checked before you leap into another relationship. Especially with a person like (Y/n), she's done nothing but be good to us." Kyle fired back, sending him a brief glare, before turning his face back forward as they walked.

"Ugh...maybe you're right..." Stan sighed, groaning at his own self misery.

"What makes you think you like her anyway?" Kyle asked curiously. Maybe if he found that his feelings for (Y/n), aligned with how Stan felt for her, he could confirm that he liked her as well. After all, Kyle wasn't ever the best at reading his own feelings. His confusion for his feelings for (Y/n), was all he could think about.

"Well I know I like-like her, because, I constantly want to be with her. Not just with you guys, like as a group, but I want to be with her alone... Whenever I'm doing something, my mind always goes back to her. I want to know everything about her and I find myself staring at her subconsciously. And when I'm thinking for too long I just think about how I wanna kiss her... Her (h/l), pretty (h/c) hair, her adorable (e/c) eyes, god, I could go on forever," Stan said dreamily.

Kyle looked at him in disbelief. Listening to his best friend talk about his feelings made him realize his own. How? Because the way Stan felt about (Y/n), was the same way he felt about her. All he needed was someone else to confirm it for him. Kyle stopped in his tracks on the sidewalk. Now that he was certain that he had feelings for (Y/n), he didn't know what to do... because his very own best friend liked her too.

"Kyle?" Stan turned around, seeing his friend looking down at the sidewalk.

"I like-like (Y/n) too Stan," He looked up to meet his gaze.

"You what?" Stan asked dejectedly. He knew Kyle liked her, he just didn't want to accept it though. He thought that if he told him first, he would back off.

"I like-like (Y/n)." Kyle repeated.

"Fuck, dude..." Stan exasperated, looking away.

"Well, whoever she ends up with, no hard feelings okay?" Kyle said maturely. He started to walk toward the door of his house, but before he could, Stan grabbed him by the back of his backpack.