Big News

The couple spent the rest of the day holding one another close, Robin resting his hand on her belly every so often. Regina was glowing, a smile spread across her face the entire day.

The boys returned home later that afternoon from spending the day with Zelena. She took the boys more often on little adventures around town and they always had a wonderful time.

Regina was craving some of her apple turnovers so she baked those while Robin cooked dinner for the family. The boys did last minute homework in their rooms before the school week began again the following day.

"Should we tell them," Robin asked.

"I'm not sure if we should wait until I see my doctor first," she explained. "To make sure everything is okay."

He nodded, but was just so excited and could tell Regina was as well.

"How about we just tell the boys tonight and everyone else after the doctor," he asked. Regina laughed and nodded, kissing him before taking the turnovers out of the oven to cool.

The family found their seats around the table and Regina entered with Henry's old high chair, placing it next to her. Roland didn't notice, but Henry definitely did. She took her seat and began eating like everything was normal.

"What's that for," he asked, looking at his parents. Robin glanced at Regina, waiting anxiously for her answer.

"The new baby," she answered simply, taking a bite of her food.

"New baby," Roland asked finally on the same page as everyone else. Regina looked at the little boy with her contagious smile.

"Mommy and Daddy are having a baby," she explained. Roland covered his mouth after a tiny scream.

"You mean, I get to be a big brother just like Henry," he asked. Robin laughed.

"That's right, little man!"

Henry stood up to meet his mother for a hug. She refused to let him go so he remained in her embrace. Roland hopped down and wrapped his arms around his mother's legs.

Robin leaned back in his chair, enjoying the view. He imagined her with a baby in her arms in addition to the two boys holding her tight.

They returned to their seats and were immediately grilled with questions, mostly from Roland.

"Do I have to share my room? What if it's a girl? Will we have to trade her for a boy?"

"Woah, Roland. Slow down," Robin laughed. "You won't have to share your room. We'll turn the guest room into the baby's nursery. If it's a girl, we will keep her. You can't just trade babies, son."

"Well, I always thought Mommy would be the only girl," he explained. His logic was typical of a boy his age and it amused the family.

"Maybe she will be," Henry said.

"We won't know for a few months," Regina explained to the boy.

After dinner, the boys both helped clear the table and the couple remained at the table for a minute. They heard Roland crying from the kitchen and both turned to see what was going on. They saw Henry was handling it so they just listened from their seats until they were needed.

"You're gonna love the new baby more than me," Roland cried.

"Roland, shh. Hey buddy," Henry hushed the child, trying to get him to calm down. "Who is your best friend?"

"You are," he answered, wiping his nose with his hand.

"And who is my best friend," he asked, kneeling down to wipe his nose with a tissue.

"I am."

"That's right. And a new baby won't change that. Sure, mom and dad will need help and we'll have to pitch in like big brothers should. But I'll still tuck you in and read to you every night," Henry held his arms out and Roland hugged his brother tight.

The couple smiled from the dining room and held hands, happy to have Henry for times like this. He would teach Roland how to be the best big brother to this baby.