Promise

After an overnight stay in the hospital for observation, Regina was released and given strict instructions for a week of bed rest. As much as that bothered her because she wanted to work, Robin was thrilled. He planned to pamper her and make her so comfortable she'd hate the day she'd have to return to work.

They escorted Regina out of the hospital in a wheelchair, which of course frustrated her.

"Is this really necessary? I can walk," she groaned.

"Sorry ma'am, it's hospital procedure," the nurse retorted almost robotically. She was probably used to saying that to patients everyday.

"Regina," Robin sighed.

"I know, I know," she said. The wheelchair stopped beside the car and the nurse locked the wheels. She tried to help her up, but she waved her away. She was stubborn and of course wanted to prove she could do it herself. She stood and Robin helped her into the car.

They drove to the house in silence, hand in hand the entire way. Since he entered her hospital room after the surgery, he refused to let go of her. Even if it was a gentle touch on her arm or a hand placed on her lower back to help her walk, he was there. He helped her into the house and she sat on the couch in the living room. It faced the window where her apple tree stood so she had the perfect view of it. Robin lifted her legs so she was comfortable laying on the couch before going to the kitchen to fix them something for lunch.

Her stitches were more like glue so they weren't covered up. There was one incision across her pelvis and she was instructed to use a Petroleum jelly to keep it from drying up. Robin brought in a tube of Vaseline with their lunch. He placed the tray of food on the coffee table and knelt down next to his soulmate.

"Are you in any pain," he asked.

"A little, but this is nothing compared to yesterday," she said and adjusted herself on the couch.

"May I," he asked, gesturing toward her pelvis. It made her smile that he even asked.

"Do you even have to ask," she chuckled and started to lift her own shirt.

"Please, allow me," he said. He folded it up to reveal part of her belly button. Her stomach and pelvis were swollen from the surgery. He gently rolled her pants down to give him better access to the incision. It was the first time since he'd known Regina that he saw her in yoga pants. He was surprised she even owned a pair, but it was a good thing she did because they were keeping her very comfortable.

He placed a small dot of Vaseline on his index finger and slowly rubbed it into her skin. She flinched at his touch and he was careful not to hurt her. When he was finished, he wiped his hands on a napkin and rolled her pants back up. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her belly before pulling her shirt back down.

"That was nice," Regina said, blushing.

"As I tell Roland, kisses make everything better," he smiled.

"I mean, seeing you like this. So nurturing. Kissing my belly," she trailed off. He knew what she meant. It was sweet because she knew he would do the same thing if there was a baby. He would spoil her and take care of her just like now.

Just as Robin was about to do it again, the front door swung open. Out of habit, he stood up and stepped in front of Regina protectively. He was relieved when he saw Henry and Roland running in to greet them.

"Mom, are you alright," Henry asked, rushing to her side.

"Yeah, mom, are you alright," Henry's shadow (Roland) repeated. Regina laughed and kissed both her boys.