22

The bar was the typical dark wood-paneled and smokey cigar bar with leather-bolstered chairs and booths. Garrett grabbed us a single bench booth that sat us intimately beside one another in order to see a stage set up for a jazz band who was playing a low melody.

We ordered our drinks, and Garrett got a cigar. He kept it draped opposite me as his other hand tapped on the table. I stilled his hand with mine and tried to calm whatever was making him anxious.

"So, Sade, I wanted to discuss what you may have partially figured out with Joel and I," Garrett started before taking a sip of his whiskey. "About six months ago I was going through my own shit. Christy forced me to get a vasectomy after Joel was born - she didn't want to ruin her figure any further. And well, I want a bigger family before I'm in diapers myself. So, I got the reversal...."

"It worked?" I interrupted and immediately gulped some wine to fortify myself.

"Back in business," he chuckled. "Anyway, I mentioned something to Joe along the way and he offered to be a donor if things didn't go as planned. I mean he is blood and we look alike. Regardless, that led to a conversation that began as a joke. I'm sure you can figure out..."

"Mmhm. Yep, the insemination part. Got it."

"Yeah, so anyhow, I joked about watching, and long story short we discovered that we had some interests that seemed to complement each other. You may not want to hear this but after the surgery, we shared a few hookers and met a few women online - all before he met you!"

"Oh," I tried not to react strongly at this point.

"Anyway, we enjoyed it a lot."

"Y'all don't fuck each other do you?" I blurted out as the image came to mind and I felt a wave of nausea.

Garrett's face twisted in disgust. "No," he took a long drink of his whiskey. "Gross. Fast forward a few months ago and Joe meets you. He is singing your praises. He thinks you are the perfect woman, blah, blah, blah."

I took another gulp of wine as he puffed his cigar.

"Says, 'dad, you should meet her, I think you would like her.' Says these things a bunch and how we could do the same things as we did with the...you know. So, we meet, right?"

I drank some more as I nodded. This story wasn't exactly what I expected. And I wasn't sure of the direction it would take.

"Gorgeous. So fucking hot that I almost gave you my number then and there. A few days later I found out you worked for Jeff. You were smart and hardworking. And Jeff sang your praises just like Joe, minus the sex stuff," Garrett chuckled.

"Thank God," I mumbled.

"You were a little too good to be true. On paper, you were exactly what I was looking for. And Joe mentioned some kinks and so I agreed to..."

When he paused, I leaned toward him. "What?"

"Share you," Garrett mumbled into his glass, finishing his drink.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Both date you," Garrett sighed. "Both fuck you..."

"Together?" Was the first question that came to mind.

"Sometimes. But it is kind of evolving about what we want."

"What about what I want?" I asked, realizing my needs weren't really in the equation.

"Yeah, and there is that," his fingers thrummed on the wood table. "Sade, I like you - very much. Anything that happens is your choice. All Joe and I tried to do was set out boundaries. He's an exhibitionist, and I'm a voyeur. He is more traditionally dominant, and I'm a daddy dom. So we discussed what the future looked like and what we wanted out of this, but mainly how not to hurt you."